Amena and Ruri

Faint crying filled the playground. Little Ruri looked around confused for a little while before calling out.

"Hello?"

The crying suddenly quieted down and Ruri became increasingly concerned. She followed the sounds of faint sniffing until she rounded a corner and found a small girl who looked to be the same age as her.

"Hey there. Do you need help?" Ruri sat down slowly in front of the snuffling girl and extended her hand. "My name's Ruri! What's your name?"

The quiet girl looked up slowly from her knees and hesitantly extended her hand, "Ame-Amena."

"It's so nice to meet you, Ame! What are you doing out here all by yourself?" A small tear runs down her cheek and Ruri's eyes widen, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry again! I'll leave if you want me too!" She quickly stands and whips the woodchips from her knees and takes a step to turn around.

"W-wait! Don't leave me alone..." Amena quiets for a few moments, "Don't leave me alone again..."

Ruri turns again to look at the sad girl. "Okay! Do you want to sit on the swings together?"

Amena nods. Ruri offers her hand to help her stand. They gradually make their way over to the swings and as soon as they sit down Amena begins to speak.

"All Might is my favorite hero too!" She states excitedly.

Ruri grins widely. "How did you know he was my favorite hero?" Amena giggles lightly and points at Ruri's shirt. She looks down at her shirt and lets out a laugh then smacks her forehead.

"Ahh, I forgot! I'm so dumb!" She was wearing her All Might sweater. With the awkward tension and sadness quickly forgotten by the two girls, they chatted about things they liked and had in common and their mutual dislike of Bakugou.

"Let's hang out every recess together!" Ruri exclaims quickly hugging the shy girl.

"Does this mean we're friends?" Amena asks.

Ruri flicks her forehead, "Of course silly! We'll always be friends, Ame!" Her face beamed with joy at the words and they both skipped back to class with their arms linked.

'Always sounds nice.' Ame thought with a sad smile as they finally made it back to the classroom.

---

"Ruri! Ruri!" Amena ran towards said girl only to find her looking down without her signature smile upon her face.

Ruri sat on the swings looking down and unmoving. "Ruri? Hey... are you alright?" She looked up in a daze; her eyes were cloudy and emotionless.

Amena outstretches her hand and taps her gently on the shoulder. "Hey! You in there?"

Ruri's eyes return to life and they focus on Amena's. "Oh, hi Amena! I didn't see you there..." She laughs wistfully and her head droops again.

"D-did something happen? I've never seen you like this before..." Amena questions sitting down in front of Ruri.

"Oh! I'm fine, I'm sure it won't last forever..." She starts fiddling with her sleeves nervously and slides off the swing to sit on the same level as Ame. "Anyways, what did you want to play tod-"

"HEY! IDIOTS!!" Amena flinches whilst Ruri's hair stands on end at the sound of the yelling.

"Oh... Hey Keychain..." Ruri speaks up trying to get his attention off of Amena and onto herself instead. She was closer to the explosive boy and would probably be able to handle his temper better. Whereas he would constantly bully Amena into tears whenever he got the chance.