The Doctor

You walk out onto the roof and see that Spiderman is already out the with his feet dangling over the edge. He hears you coming and he turns around to face you.
"Hey, Sunflower." he says, smiling.
"Hey, Spidey. I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone else was up here. I can go if you want to be alone." you say, jerking a thumb behind you. You were secretly hoping he wouldn't tell you to go. You enjoyed his company.
"Oh no. That's okay. Please join me." he replies, patting the roof beside him. You take a seat.
"How's the shoulder?" he asks.
"Okay. It's sore though. Cap says that nothing is broken." you reply.
"That's good. Thanks again for protecting me."
"It's no biggie. We're a team now. Team mates protect each other." You look off into the distance, thinking about your parents and start to get sad. Spiderman notices.
"Hey, you okay?" he asks, concerned.
"Yeah, just thinking about my parents. They died a few months back, protecting me...I feel like their deaths are all my fault." you say with a sad smile.
"You want to talk about it?"
"No, I'm okay. Really."
"Okay. Just know that anytime you want to talk about it, I'm here for you. Okay?"
"Okay. Thanks Spidey." you say, smiling and play shoving him. He shoves you back. Soon, the two of you are laughing and joking with each other.
"Do you want to train in the gym?" you ask twenty minutes or so later, when you think your shoulder has healed enough.
"Sure. Is your shoulder okay enough?"
Yeah, totally."
"Let's go then. Race you there." he says. The two of you race to the gym. You get there first, your arms raised in victory.

The two of you train for a good hour. You got him down on the ground a good amount of times and he got you down quite a bit. You were having so much fun that you completely forgot all about the bad things in your life. Spiderman punches you in the face and you grab his arm, spin him around so his back is to you and kick his feet out from underneath him. He lands on the ground with you on top of him. You grin and roll off of him and lay on the ground beside him.
"Good fight partner." you say.
"You too." he says.
You jump back to your feet and offer him your hand, when Aunt Nat runs into the room.
"Spiderman! We need you! Big bad guy. Downtown. Time to fight. Now." she says. You go to follow her but she stops you. "Sunflower, you need to stay here and protect the tower."
"But I can help!" you protest, knowing you won't win.
"You aren't ready. Besides, we need you here." she tells you sternly.
"Fine. Good luck." you say.
"You too." she says, kissing your forehead.
"We'll be okay. Promise." Spiderman says, squeezing your hand. The two of them run out of the room. You pull the ear piece that your aunt gave you earlier that dat, out your pocket and put it in your ear. You can hear the sounds of the fight from through the ear piece. You hear gunshots and can't help but pray that nobody on the team was hurt. After ten minutes, you can't listen to it anymore so you take the ear piece out and put it back in your pocket. Minutes later, Friday, the computer system, alerts you to a call from Tony.
"Tony? Is everything okay?" you ask, panicking.
"Sunflower, I need you to go to the medbay and get out the first aid kit. Some of us were mildly injured but right now, everybody is okay. Nobody is in critical condition." he says, the sounds of battle less intense than when you last heard them.
"Okay. I'm on my way."
"Thank you." he says. You hear gunshots. "I have to go."
"Wait Tony-" you say, but are cut off by the call ending. You run to the medbay and grab out Tony's first aid kit. You hear a knock on the window and see Spiderman holding his side.
"Spidey? Are you okay?" you ask him, opening the window for him completely panicked.
"Sunflower-" he says but is cut off when he stumbles coming through the window. You catch him and he groans in pain. You help him walk over to the bed and set him down carefully. You take his hand off his side and see that he has a bullet wound.
"S-Spiderman. What happened? P-Please tell me that this is k-ketchup or salsa and n-not b-blood! Please tell me this is all a joke!" you stammer out, holding back a sob.
"It-It's blood." he resonds weakly. He starts to close his eyes.
"Spidey, I need you to stay awake. Please stay awake. Keep your eyes open. Please!" you plead. You run to the cupboard and grab out Tony's medical equipment. You pull the ear piece out of your pocket and put it in your ear. The battle sounds have stopped and you can hear Tony.
"Sunflower! Is Spiderman there? He's not out here and we can't find him!" he panicks.
"Yeah, he's here. I can't talk though, I'm a little busy at the moment!" you yell, tearing away the fabric from Spiderman's suit. "Spidey, keep your eyes open! Oh God!" you cry. Calm down y/n. You can't do this if you are panicking. You tell yourself as you take a deep breath. You grab the equipment and start working on getting the bullet out of his side. You keep telling him to stay awake but he struggles. Eventually he falls asleep and you continue working on his wound. You remove the bullet and start stitching up the wound. As you are finishing up, the Avengers return. Tony runs straight to the medbay to find you wiping the blood off Spiderman's abdomen with a tear streaked face. You finish cleaning up and Tony sits beside Spiderman with his head in his hands. When you finish cleaning up, you sit next to Tony.
"Hey." you say.
"This is all my fault." Tony mutters. You pull his hands away from his face and make him look at you.
"Uncle Tony, this isn't your fault."
"He shouldn't even have been there. He was there because I brought him along." he sobs.
"If you didn't bring him, he would've came anyway and you know it. This isn't your fault so stop blaming yourself okay?"
"I need a drink." Tony says, as he stands up and walks out the door. He pokes his head back in. "You want anyhting?"
You sigh. "No thank you." Tony nods and walks away. You take Spiderman's hand in yours and start to cry. "I can't lose him too. Please God. Not him too." you mutter. You sit there in silence for a few moments, until your sobs were the only sound heard. You only just met him but he already meant so much to you. You couldn't lose him. After a few hours, you start to dose off when you feel Spiderman's grip tightens around your hand. You gasp, deop his hand and look up at him.
"Hey, don't cry." he says weakly.
"You almost died. I thought I was going to lose you. I have the right to cry." you say, then laugh softly. Thank God, I didn't lose him too.
"I'm not going anywhere." he says. You hug him and he groans softly.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."
"Don't worry. You could never hurt me." he says with a smile.
"You should get some rest." you tell him.
"So should you."
"I won't be getting any until you do."
"Fine. How about we both get some rest?"
"That sounds good."
"Good night, Sunflower."
"Good night, Spidey." you say, taking his hand in yours again. He falls asleep quickly. You sit in the chair next to the bed and let yourself be lulled to sleep by Spiderman's breathing.

Hey guys. I am so sorry that this came out so late. What did you think? It probably sucked because I am writing this at 1:30 in the morning. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me through this. You guys are awesome! Stay safe and stay healthy out there. Make sure to spend time with your family because you never know when you won't have that anymore. Please remember to comment and vote! Love you guys! Have a good week!
-Emily