14

I smiled the next morning as I woke and rolled over to find Harry still deeply asleep, his lips slightly parted, his curls a mess from the night. I reached over and gently ran my fingers through his hair as I reflected on all that had happen in the past twenty four hours.

The note, my birth mother appearing, all of it had me extremely confused and frustrated. I am so thankful that throughout all of the madness Harry was still here with me. I was so deep in thought that it took a moment for me to realize that Harry's eyes were open and he was looking at me.

"Good morning baby." His voice was thick with sleep. He pressed a gentle kiss to my lips as I hummed in response. "What are you thinking about?" He asked me, I'm sure he could tell that something was bothering me, even though he had just woken up.

"Just happy that you're here, that's all." I said as I wrapped my arms around his torso. "Nowhere else in the world I would want to be Adelaide." My heart swelled at Harry's meaningful words. "Come on my love, time to get up." Harry began to move about the bedroom to prepare for the workday. I just stayed in my laying position and watched him. "Adelaide, come on. If you don't get up you're going to be late." I sighed. I just wanted to spend the day in bed with Harry, but there was work to do. I stood and walked into the bathroom.

By the time I had done my hair and make up the bedroom was empty so I assumed Harry went downstairs. I quickly put on a burgundy dress with tights and black pumps before going downstairs for breakfast.

When Harry moved in we agreed that I would have Nadia perform chores around the house, but Harry and I would handle the cooking. Harry wanted me to let her go completely but we had compromised on this. I had a housekeeper my whole life and I wanted to continue having one.

Harry was stood at the stove, looking wonderful as ever in his dress slacks and shirt. He smiled at me once he saw me and handed me my coffee. "Can I ask you something?" Harry said as he turned off the stove and served our eggs onto plates. I nodded despite the worry that he was going to talk about the note or my mother, two topics I really didn't want to discuss at the moment.

"When we first began dating you told me that you played instruments. I know you said the main one you've continued to play is piano, but I've never heard you play. You don't even have a piano here, why is that?"

"I don't have a specific reason, I just never got around to buying a piano for here. When I moved out I left my piano at my parents house because I didn't have room in the apartment. I played it last week when I went to family dinner early. I'm sorry you've never heard me play, I didn't purposely not let you, I've just never had the chance to."

Harry smiled at me as we ate. "It's okay, I was just concerned that you stopped playing for some reason and your mom told me a while ago that you really enjoyed playing. I just wanted to see if you still liked it."

"I love it, it's very therapeutic for me, always has been. I've actually been missing it quite a bit lately." I frowned momentarily thinking of all the stress that has occurred lately. "I think I will get a piano for the house this week."

We ate the rest of our breakfast while discussing our plans for the work day. Harry had an important meeting later that morning, I had a few shoots. "John will be going to work you, and he will sit in the foyer. You won't even notice that he's there. My father said we need to stick to the security he has in place even if it is annoying."

"Adelaide, I am willing to go to whatever lengths I need to to protect you. Speaking of I think Scott and Mike should go to work with you. Maybe have one at the front entrance and one at the back. The note directly threatened your family. I want you to be safe."