Pt8. Out

If ever there was a time that it seemed the universe had flipped upside down, it was now.

Everyone was still quite wild when they decided it was time for a break and they would have a pizza, Katsuki picked his things off the floor and they headed to the tables as Sero got them a pepperoni and three-meat.

Katsuki felt a resonating vibration in his pocket and removed his phone. "I'll be back in a second, guys," he said, his smile vanished and he stepped away to a quiet part of the arcade to answer the call. "Hello, dad. What's up."

"Yubara's in the parking lot of the shopping mall a block from your location now. The goal is the same as before: bring him in, kill him if you can't. And don't let him get away again." He hung up not a second after relaying his directions.

Katsuki wanted to protest, but his father was gone too quickly to get a word in, he glances back to the table of his friends. Sero's back with the pizza as he heads over again, sighing. He thinks it might be best to just slip away so he grabs his hoodie, gun still folded inside, and heads away.

Kaminari catches him though, "hey, Bakugou, where ya going?" He glances back to Ei who looks worried, then back to Bakugou.

"I.. I've just gotta go," he sounds apologetic, his eyes locked with the redhead as he starts to back away to the exit.

Kirishima and Kaminari both get up, confused or concerned, it's hard to tell. "What do you mean? Where are you going, we just got pizza," Kirishima says.

At this point the others are tuned in as well. Katsuki shakes his head before turning around completely and leaving into the brisk evening air. It's almost five now. He looks around his surroundings, figuring out which direction the mall is in.

"Hey!," he hears Eijirou call out and he really doesn't want to deal with this right now. "Bakugou, wait!"

He turns around and sees Kiri marching over, "I don't owe you an explanation. I just gotta go, okay. Like now, so-"

"Bakugou, are you okay?," he asks. "Did somethin' happen in there," he gestures vaguely to the arcade behind him.

"No. I just- it wasn't any of you guys, okay, I was actually having fun, but I seriously-"

"Then what was that phone call about," he cuts him off again.

"Nothing, let me just go."

"Bakugou, you're not making sense. Is where you're going really that important? To me it just seems like you're running away."

Katsuki gets a text and looks at it. 'He's moving, what are you doing. [Image]' There's a map attached, a blue dot in front of the arcade and a red dot leaving the mall's parking lot. Towards the arcade. He looks back up to Eijirou who was waiting patiently.

"I swear, dammit," he glares into his scarlet eyes. "Get back in that arcade, Kirishima. I'm not running from shit, I'll be back, okay." Ei's skeptical. "Fuck! Just go!," he yells, pointing to the building.

"Why are you suddenly so pissed..? I don't get it."

Not pissed, worried. Katsuki looks past Kirishima and past the corner of the arcade, Yubara would be coming from behind the building. Katsuki groans, "ya know what, let's go back inside," he turns the redhead around and starts to push him back toward the doors. "It's all fine." Katsuki's mind is racing with the possibilities to how this will play out.

"Wait, what? Now everything's fine again?," he asks, stopping them just outside the door.

"Yes, now let's go inside." I can deal with dad so long as Yubara doesn't see me now and Shitty-Hair doesn't see us fight. Katsuki sees from the corner of his eye a figure appear from the alley between the arcade and next store and it's followed by a familiar voice.