Part 12: Last Night

Deku POV:

Kacchan had now been a kid for twenty-nine days. Part of me hoped that we caught the villain tomorrow, but the rest of me didn't. Yesterday in class, Mr. Aizawa had come up with a plan for us.

*Flashback*

"Wait, are you actually saying that we can capture her without falling victim to her quirk?" I can't believe what I was hearing. Mr. Aizawa looked at me.

"Yes, that is what I'm saying. The way we caught her the first time, she was drugged asleep. I don't think we're going to get that kind of luck this time. Her guard has probably been very high since then. What I'm saying now is that there is another way to do this, a way that she won't expect." He looked over to Kacchan.

"Bakugo told me that right before he passed out, he saw her eyes glowing red. She might not be able to use her quirk on you if she can't see you. Anyways, I have a plan to get her. All of you will be helping." Wait, we were all helping to capture this villain?

"I will be pairing you all into teams of two, but we'll have two groups of three, Bakugo being in one of them. Each person will be given an ear radio, and one of these." He held up a piece of black cloth. It was twice the size of a human head.

"What is that for, Mr. Aizawa?" Mr. Aizawa looked at Kaminari. He looked irritated. "Be patient. I was just about to explain. These are just pieces of thick black fabric. If you put them up to your eyes, you can see absolutely nothing. Here's the plan: In your groups, you will patrol in the east part of town, where all of the murders were, and where Bakugo was attacked." I looked over at Kacchan. He sat there quietly listening.

"If any of you are to run into the villain, you can have a two-on-one battle with her. She should be easily overpowered. Stay out of her field of vision, try to corner her, and put the blindfold on her. Once you've done that, use your ear radio to give everyone your location. Whoever has Bakugo will bring him to her, then force her to change him back. Any questions?"

Tsu raised her hand. "Sir, what if one of us gets hit by her quirk? Ribbit."

"You are all paired in groups. If anyone is hit by her quirk, then the other person can attack her. Hopefully that doesn't happen, though." This was risky, but it was all for Kacchan.

*End of Flashback*

I was sitting on my bed with Kacchan in my lap. I didn't want to let him go. We were going out to try and change him back tomorrow. I wanted to spent as much time with him as I could while he was like this.

"Deku?" I looked down at Kacchan. "What is it?" He seemed hesitant before he spoke. "Do you like me better this way?" I didn't know how to answer that question.

Big Kacchan grew up with me. I knew him my whole life. Even though he was mean to me, I still cared about him. Little Kacchan was really sweet and cute. He was always with me, and I thought of him as a little brother. But, he still has his old life to get back to.

I wanted to say something, but I feared that I would say the wrong thing. Which one did I like better? I looked down at Kacchan. He was waiting for my answer.

"Well, Kacchan. I...uhh...really don't know." He seemed like he wanted a specific answer. "Kacchan, are you having second thoughts about changing back?" He looked down and nodded his head slowly.

I held him closer. "Kacchan, I know. I'm going to miss this too. But, we need to change you back." He looked back up at me. "Why?" I kissed hid head. "It's just the way it is, Kacchan. It's just the way it is."

I don't think he liked that answer. "Should we go down to the others and let them play with you while they can?" Kacchan agreed, so I picked him up. I was going to miss holding him like this.

We went downstairs. Everyone looked at us as we came in the room. I put Kacchan down. He ran up to the group of people. They all played with him, getting as much time with him as they could. I just stood there and watched.

Uraraka and Iida came up to me. They had concerned looks on their faces. "Deku, will you be okay?" I definitely wasn't, but they didn't have to know that. I put on a fake smile and tried to reassure them.

"Yeah! I'll be just fine!" I don't think it worked. Iida put his hand on my shoulder. "We know it's hard. Believe me, all of us care about him. If you need to talk, we're here." Uraraka nodded, agreeing with this statement.

A small smile-a real one this time- creased its way on my mouth. "Thanks, guys." I felt a little better. Soon, Kacchan ran up to me. "Deku!" He grabbed my legs and hugged them. "Hey Kacchan."

I bent over and picked him up. I held him and rubbed the bridge of his nose. He giggled and smiled at this. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I felt some tears roll down my face.

Kacchan noticed this and looked up at me. He wiped them away. Then, he gave me a kiss on my cheek. Everyone watched this, and a few of the girls started to cry, too. I think everyone was going to miss little Kacchan.

He tried to comfort me. "Don't be sad, Deku." I looked at him and smiled. I was going to miss him so much. We spent the rest of the night together. I couldn't bring myself to let go of him.

We all ate dinner. Everyone laughed and played with Kacchan. They all acted like nothing was wrong, but I could tell that deep down no one was truly happy.

At the end of the night, everyone crowded Kacchan. They all gave him hugs and pat his head. They weren't ready to say goodbye. Tomorrow we were going to try and change him back.

Kirishima put Kacchan on his shoulders again. They both laughed and ran around the room. I looked over at Iida. He looked like he wanted to scold them for running inside, but he didn't. I think he was letting Kacchan have fun with this.

While Kacchan was sitting on Kirishima's shoulders, he yawned and rubbed his eye. He looked like he could barely keep his head up. Kirishima handed him over to me. Kacchan looked back at everyone and waved with his tiny hand.

As we walked off, I could hear Iida talking to Kirishima. "I let you off the hook this time, but don't do it again! No more running inside!"

I carried Kacchan to my room and set him on the bed. He looked up at me. His eyes were slowly closing, then opening back up. He was forcing himself awake. I got in the bed, and Kacchan curled up next to me.

He soon fell asleep. I laid awake for a while. This was most likely my last night with him as a little kid. I wanted to enjoy every last second of it. I listened to his breathing. His warm body on my side relaxed me. I soon fell asleep, holding Kacchan tight.

All of my dreams that night were the memories I had with Kacchan over the last month.