Chapter 18

I woke up to see the bed empty next to me. Immediately the ache in my stomach I had felt for more than a day returned before I realized that Rose came home tonight and we had a long conversation. I sighed out of relief and turned around so I laid in my bed with my head on my white and comfortable pillow. That's when I heard the door open next to me. My eyes opened and I saw Rose carrying a food plate into the room. I smiled.

"Goodmorning sleeping beauty." She placed the plate onto the bed and sat next to me to give a soft kiss on my cheek.

I looked at the food. "What is all this for?" I asked.

"I thought since I made you so worried when I left I should make it up to you."

I laughed. "Oh honey, you made up for more than that last night."

She laughed too. "I was pretty great, wasn't I?" I chuckled and put my thumb and index finger up, close to each other.

"Oh, you have to admit that I did great." She tried to hold her smile back.

"Okay, okay. You did amazing." I kissed her to make her shut up. I pulled back and looked her in the eyes. Those deep, blue eyes where I still found myself lost in, even after all these years. "I love you," I said and smiled. She didn't have to return the words, I could see that she loved me too. The way she looks at me. From the very beginning, when we were at family gatherings she couldn't take her eyes off of me. Also because she told me an uncountable amount of times before and I didn't say anything back. I would think she'd lost hope, but she must have seen that I loved her too. So much. I was just never ready to say it because I knew that once I did, I would be lost forever.

"I love you too." She said. "Well, are we still going to eat?"

***

I looked through my books of psychology while taking notes. Even here, I still tried to study to have something to do. Psychology was one of the courses I would have taken if I hadn't studied meds because there are so many things that are recognizable and interesting. Even when I was in college, I liked studying. Everyone else seemed to hate it, but it was just pretty easy for me and it helped me to have something to do when all I could think about was my mother and if I would end up like her.

I looked up and didn't see Rose anymore. I could smell the food coming out of the kitchen, but she wasn't there. When it came to cooking, she had some sort of superpower, all the tastes were just right. I stood up and walked to the bedroom. 

"Rose? Are you here?" I could hear some noise out of the bathroom.

"Yes, I'm here." 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. No big deal." She said and almost sounded out of breath.

"Okay, well, can I come in then?"

"No!" She screamed. "Sorry... No, it's just a big mess in here because I dropped some boxes and I don't want you to see it." She said calmer.

I frowned. "Okay. I'm going to watch some tv, just ask me if you need some help." I still looked confused at the door but decided to turn around and go to the living room.

***

I was staring at the tv, unknowing of what I was actually watching when I suddenly saw hands blocking my view.

"Don't move," Rose whispered into my ear.

I had no idea what was going on but I decided to just sit still as she asked me to.

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

"Of course I trust you." I looked confused. What was she trying to say?