Forty-six

Guy started to pace back and forth. After thirty minutes, Linda snapped and kicked the door hard, gripping the bars.

"Robin and Genevieve, where the hell are you?!" she yelled out into the open.

The sound of Robin came five seconds later. "Oi, we're right here!" 

"Nottingham, Gisborne! You have visitors," the guard said, opening the door. Genevieve and Robin stepped inside.

"He's over here," Gut told Robin, leading him into the back.

"We have to hurry. One of Isabella's emissaries are here," Genevieve explained. 

Linda groaned and cursed. "Merde."

 Genevieve shook her head. "What is it with you and French?"

"What is it with you and betraying people?"

That shut Genevieve up.

Robin approached Archer and looked him up and down, nodding to himself and putting a hand on Archer's shoulder. "Brother."

"All of a sudden I have so many brothers," he mused. He looked at Genevieve and Linda. "Don't tell me you're my sisters."

"Nope, we're each others," they answered in unison, giving each other a look.

Archer turned his head to Robin again. "Who are you?"

"I'm Robin Hood," he answered, standing up straighter.

Archer let out a humorous breath. "Really?" He looked Robin up and down. "Robin Hood really exists."

Robin blinked, exchanging a look between Guy and Archer. "Just — just stay here." He turned to the guard at the gate. "How much to take him with us?"

"How much you have?"

Robin dug through his pockets. Genevieve and Linda shared a look. This nice business was taking too long.

"May I?" Genevieve asked.

"Be my guest."

Genevieve skipped to Robin, flashing him a quick smile before hitting the guard square in the nose. Linda caught by the underarms before he could fall to the floor, dragging him to the back before wiping her hands off. Robin and Guy stared at the two women in shock, yet Guy seemed more amused than anything.

"What?" Linda asked with a shrug. "It pays being nice."

Genevieve cocked her head to the side. "Literally, it seems."

Robin blinked a few times before shaking his head and using the key to undue Archer's chains. "We need to go," he said urgently, ushering the four of them out the cell door.

Linda sighed in relief and gladly skipped out of the cell, cracking her knuckles and rolling her neck around. Guy and Genevieve exited, as did Robin. Archer was halfway out when he looked back at the jail mates.

"No," he suddenly said. "Either we all go, or none of us go."

The four outlaws shared a look, shrugging. "Fine," Robin said like it was no big deal, tossing Archer the keys so he could set his friends free. Archer grinned and undid everyone's chains, following the four of them up the stairs in a hall, Linda at the head.

"You know where you're going?" Guy asked.

"Not really, no. Do you?"

"No."

They were about to exit the hall before they all heard the footsteps of guards and commands. Robin urged them to get up against the wall, hiding from the guards. When they passed, Robin waved them to carefully follow. Archer was in the back, practically dragging the old man behind him.