( keialice ) - 🖤

[ this oneshot may contain spoilers for your turn to die: death game by majority. you've been warned! ]

————————————————————————————————————————

"G-gah ..! What are you doing ..? " Alice seems startled as he looks down at me. His pink eyes are wide with suspicion, his hand gripping his prisoner uniform tightly. I don't say anything, just wrap the wound on his leg with some medical tape I found lying around. I don't know what he was trying to do, but I found Alice limping on the street.

I recognized the scent of blood and when I laid eyes upon the stripes of his clothing, I realized he was a jailmate. How in the hell would he be able to get out, though? I had no clue. However, I forced my way into helping him out, carrying him to my apartment a little ways down the street. I was on my way home from a walk, it's not like I was doing anything important.

    "Stop .. stop touching me! I can ... I can survive on my own, dammit!" he's thrashing about, trying to escape my touch. I quickly secure the bandages and stand up, an emotionless line on my face. "I'm sure you can, but as a policeman, I gotta wonder, what are you doing out here?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

    He's silent for a long moment, his expression calming into one of subtle disbelief.

    "Do you truly wish to know?"
    "That's why I'm asking."
    Another pause.

    "I .. I was up late tonight, thinking about someone, er, something. Suddenly someone entered my cell. It .. he .. he was the man I killed. Sou Hiyori. I don't .. I don't remember," his voice trembles, his eyes glazing over as the memory races back into his mind, "I don't remember how he did it .. what he said.. But that look in his eyes said it all. Malice. Cold, hard, malice. He stood me up and told me how to get out of the  prison without the guards noticing." he says, gripping his shirt even harder.

    Suddenly he looks at me, hands on my shoulders, and his face breaks out into something of complete and utter terror. I'm taken by surprise.

    "I know .. I know I shouldn't have, but ..! But I ran ..! I ran because ... because my sister ... I have to find my sister .. and apologize .. " he trails off, his words suddenly nothing more than a hopeless whisper. Then he starts laughing, a heartless laugh of a man who has truly lost it all.

    "What am I .. what am I saying?" he mutters under his breath. "Reko .. " he hangs his head, silence following for a short amount of time.

    "Reko would never forgive me."

    Reko? Where have I heard that name .. It's from somewhere popular .. It has to be.

    I think about it for a moment, placing a hand on my chin as I sort through the entities of my mind. Doing this is a dangerous act -- I'll never know what I'll find.

    That's it. Reko Yabusame .. a famous singer.
    "Are you talking about .. Reko Yabusame?"
    Something seems to click. He turns to me slowly and stares me down. I don't flinch.
    "...Yes."
    "Ah .. I see. She's your sister?" I reply smoothly, careful not to say anything that may rile him up once more. That wouldn't be good if I'm just starting to get him talking.

    "My name is Alice Yabusame. Take that as you will."
    "I see. So you are her brother. Well, I'm Keiji Shinogi if that means anything to you." I stick out my hand, looking into his eyes to see if he'll take it as a peace offering. I don't think he knows that I'm an officer. If he did, he surely wouldn't be standing here.

    "Keiji Shinogi. Why are you helping me?" he asks, not bothering to look at my outstretched hand just yet. He eyes me up, closely inspecting every move I make.

    "'Cause I saw you limping around. What kind of guy would I be if I left an injured person to fend for themselves?" I say nonchalantly, not thinking much of it. It was my first instinct to help him.

    "Plus, your hair is kinda cool looking, so maybe that drove me too." I add on with a small smirk.
    Alice doesn't say anything. He then notices my hand and takes it, shaking it firmly.

    My smirk widens into a cool smile, letting out a relieved chuckle.

    "Keiji Shinogi. You are .. a good man. I can see that much from standing right in front of you." he speaks finally, hesitant to let go. It has to be because this is the first type of human contact he's had in a long time ... right?

    I laugh and shake my head.
    "You're kind, Alice, but I wouldn't be so sure about that." I respond quietly.

    We don't let go. Maybe it's because despite being free, I've never been this close to someone. The warmth of his hand is comforting. I don't want to feel cold again.

    "Whatever do you mean?"

    "Nothing, Alice. ... Let's go find your sister."

————————————————————————————————————————

[ a/n ]
hehe,, hi! keialice is sum good shit guys we love policemen and murderers give it up for the gays 😺