Chapter 31

Omkara~

"Jatadhari Hippee Won't even let me stay at peace in off days." Gauri mumbled sitting in the passenger seat of my car.

It has been 30 minutes since I picked up My assistant in front of her apartment and 30 minutes since she started mumbling, ranting, cursing me using different names. It was fun to see her irritated, cursing cutely flaring her button nose. She looked cute like a kitten in her baby pink knee length dress.

When Ishaana invited me to join her family for a dinner party along with a plus one, Gauri was the first person to pop in my mind. Besides I felt like I need something to keep me distracted in the presence of Samar, who had been my biggest rival. In case if the things go in a wrong way, I know Gauri would help me maintain my sanity.

"Hi Omkara, I was waiting for you." Ishaana said giving me a hug as soon as she saw us.

"Why hello, Ishaana." I said giving her the flower bouquet I brought with me.

"Aww... Thank you, the flowers are lovely." She said smelling the flowers.

"Gauri, It's nice to see you again." Ishaana said giving a hug to my assistant.

"It's nice to see you too, Ishaana." Gauri said smiling, "And how's Sahana doing?"

"Oh, she's cranky since the morning not leaving her father's side, Samar was handling her near the table, please come and join us for the dinner." Ishaana said guiding us towards the table.

I walked towards the table, where Samar was playing with their daughter. I felt awkward since he was my enemy and My assistant seemed to have noticed my reverie, she looked at me and blinked her eyes and nodded her head in assurance with a smile, that triggered a smile on my face.

"Samar, Omkara and his assistant, Gauri are here." Ishaana announced as we approached the table.

"Hello, Mr. Oberoi." Samar said shaking my hand while carrying his daughter in other.

"Hello, Mr. Roy." I greeted back with a firm shake hand and Ishaana rolled her eyes.

"This is a friendly dinner, not some boring Business meeting to greet each other with Last names." Ishaana said annoyed.

"And Samar, I already told you, you either be in good terms with my friend or sleep on the sofa, because he was my friend even before you became my husband." Ishaana threatened Samar. And the ever arrogant Samar Roy miraculously agreed to his Wife's command without any objection.

"And Omkara, you are not a kid to hold grudges against people, whatever rivalry you both had, it was in past and you both are grown ups now. Try to behave that way." Ishaana ordered me like a strict mother and My assistant stiffled a laugh.

"Fine." I said uninterested.

"Chalo, Greet each other again in a proper way." Ishaana instructed holding her hands in front of her.

"Hello Omkara." Samar said awkwardly.

"Hello Samar." The awkwardness reflect in my voice.

"Good." Ishaana clapped.

"And Samar, this is Gauri as I said Omkara's assistant and the one, who helped me reconcile with my friend." Ishaana said introducing Gauri to Samar.

"Hello Gauri." Samar said smiling warmly.

"Hello Samar ji." My assistant smiled back.

"Let's order the food." Ishaana said taking her seat, "I am feeling hungry."