Chapter Seven- Piercing Dreams

Nadia rubbed her hands with anticipation as she pressed one finger against the doorbell.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Until she heard a shrill 'I'm coming!' echo through the apartment hallways. A few thumps, cracks and clicks later, the door opened to show a sheepish looking Delilah.

Nadia didn't particularly think she was one to clean up properly, but Delilah was even worse. She was wearing a white and red striped shoulderless top, with black tights. Her long, curly hair was tied in two low ponytails, with strands of it plastered to her face. Her red circle-shaped glasses were sinking down her nose as she quickly waved to her friend.

"Hey, ND! I didn't think you'd come so early. My place is a mess," Delilah said.

Nadia blushed. She had a habit of being early to things, even hangouts with friends. "Sorry, Delilah. I just didn't have anything to do, so I came early. Want me to help you clean up?"

Delilah scratched the back of her neck, and Nadia could tell how nervous she was. Her apartment couldn't be that messy, could it?

"I don't think you want to offer me that." She cleared the way for Nadia's entrance. "Sit down on the couch, I'll make some-uh-tea or coffee?"

Nadia strutted inside. "Coffee."

Delilah gave her some finger-guns and slinked out of the room yelling, "Coffee! Got it!"

Nadia just sighed again and looked up at the apartment. It was her first time coming over to Deliah's home, although it had taken long amounts of relentless begging. Now that she saw Delilah's home, however, she could tell why the girl hadn't wanted her to come.

Draped over almost every surface was some sort of clothing, from pants to shirts to other...questionable items. The coffee table was littered with papers and file folders, along with numerous photos. A modern lamp overlooked all of it and was seemingly the only clean thing in the room.

Nadia cleared a few papers from the couch and sat down, glancing around the room. She looked down at a glossy photo on the table and picked it up, her thumb tracing an outline across the smooth surface. It was a girl with pale skin and purple eyes. An albino, probably. She had long, brown hair and an expressionless face.

Nadia looked at another photo, a person with pale skin and blue eyes. This one was a boy with jet black hair.

Nadia reached out at one of the photos that were underneath a stack of papers when she heard a loud crash.

Leaping out from her chair, Nadia rushed to the room where she heard the sound. A very embarrassed Delilah was lying on the floor, clutching a grey remote in her hand.

"Uh...are you okay?" Nadia asked, reaching her hand out.

Delilah took it. "Yeah, I'm fine. My netscreen audio-voice wasn't working, so I had to operate it manually with the remote it came with, but I couldn't find it, so I looked, and I ended up finding it on top of my bookshelf, and I fell and, well..." Delilah rattled one thing after another. 

"Well, you seem okay. And if I'm being honest, your house is a mess." Nadia bluntly said.

"Hey, it's your fault you decided to come so early." Delilah gestured to the mess behind her: a bed was hardly visible under piles of clothes and books, and the carpet was covered with encyclopedias and Antarctica theory journals.

"I like being prepared." Nadia protested.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now, what did I say I'd make..?" She snapped her fingers. "Coffee! Right!"

Delilah dashed out of the room and Nadia took one last look around. Peering at the bed, she saw a few skirts, socks, and a green mitten. 

On top of the whole mess was a big, crinkled blue hoodie.