18

I tossed in bed and yelped as the defrosted yogurt on my chest spilled all over me and my bed. Quickly getting out of bed, I ran to my en-suite and grabbed a wet towel then began to clean my bed before cleaning myself. When I was done, I took the messy bowl to the kitchen and dropped it in the sink. It was in the middle of the night which is why it was still dark outside. I opened my blinds a little and that is when I noticed that Trenton's car was still outside and that he was sleeping in it, half his face visible because of the streetlight outside. He had on a white T-shirt and a zipping hoodie which I guessed were from his back up clothes. Why didn't he just go home?

I closed the blinds and sat down in the living room but my mind wouldn't let me rest. It was cold outside and his car was off which meant that he was probably freezing inside. I grabbed a coat from the hook behind the door and walked bare feet outside to get him. I knocked on his window and he woke up with a start until he realised that it was me. I beckoned for him to go inside with me. So he was wearing pyjama bottoms? Who travels with those in their car?

Once inside, I brought him a mini heater and a pillow and blanket. The carpet was soft enough to act as a mattress and he sat down, his back against the couch at I stood beside him.

"Please forgive me," he whispered as he looked up at me. "I know that you're not my friend or anything but I didn't want to see you with that man for my own selfish reasons and I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Joera."

I sat opposite him when I saw that he meant every word which was a feat for an emotionless robot lawyer. "Why did you do it?"

"Jerman is just like me. Character wise but his preferences are a bit more extreme than mine and I don't want him putting you in that position. He was going to hurt you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that Jerman is into some hardcore BDSM stuff and he enjoys seeing people in pain. And I know you, Joera. You're not into that extreme kind of-"

"And how would you know my sexual preferences?" I challenged.

"You can tell a lot from people's character and also, Aurel-I mean Oscar-might have let slip a couple of things during one drunken boys' night. All I'm saying is you were not going to enjoy your night with Jerman. I hate that I made you angry but I do not regret doing what I did."

"What do you care?" I stood up. "You barely know me!"

He too stood up and looked at me with a small smile. "I wish I barely knew you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means nothing," he quickly said, smirking, knowing that it would catch my curiosity.

I wasn't going to fall for this. "I'm going off to bed. And also, one question, why didn't you go to your house? Why did you sleep in your car?"

He became serious. "I just couldn't leave things in the state that they were. You were mad, I was sorry and I didn't want to spend the whole weekend stressed about this."

"So you basically did it because it was weighing hard on your conscience? That explains a lot." I walked to the kitchen. "Bassey is dropping me, by the way."

"She called." Trenton came over and grabbed a bottle of cold water from the fridge. "I don't want to intrude but what happened between you two? She never calls me."

I shrugged. "We had a little fight because I was angry that she was settling for 10% after everything that Edward had put her through. I just felt like I'd done all my hard work for nothing."

"That's the cover story, yes. But what really happened? Are you a lesbian?"

My eyes went wide as I turned to look at him. "What?"