Science Lab

And onto my next class I go. Its only third period, and im already exhausted. I've been thinking that maybe if I had a solid friend in each class, they would be easier to get through. I should work on that.

Dropping by my locker, I switch out my Social Studies notebook for my Science binder, then walk to class. Walking in, I notice that I'm one of the first people there.

Personally, I would consider my grades the perfect average. They aren't good, but they aren't bad either. They certainly could be better, though. I should work on that too.
Looking at the board, I sigh as I read that we have a Lab. The instructions are always so confusing, but I guess it's better than book work. As I settle in my chair, Liza comes through the door.

"Heyyy Ley! Did you-"

"Shut UP Liza!" Kristen yells from behind us. I turn to see that he's already back to his conversation, but I also see the sly grin on his face. I look to Liz apologetically at first, but then I form a smirk and raise my eyebrows.

Oh, don't even Leyna," she says, eyes rolling ,"You ship me with EVERYONE."
Shes not exactly wrong, I do this a ton. But I'm right about this one.

"Oh, come on, you guys are practically in love." I smile. She looks at me doubtfully, then looks behind her as she sits down. Kristen looks up at her and groans loudly.
"Ugh, what do you want!" he says, very dramatically.
Looking back at me, she gives me the stink eye and says, "See?? And I didn't even do anything this time."
I laugh as she sighs, and class starts.

When the time comes for the lab, our teacher orders us to work with the table behind us, leaving Kristen and Nelly working with Liz and I. The two make angry eye-contact as I smile happily. We divide up the jobs evenly and start working, and at some point Nelly yells at the other two to stop bickering like an old couple. I laugh and agree as they both grunt loudly, and me and Nelly laugh even harder.

"Who's flirty now?" Liza whispers in my ear.
I give a soft chuckle in return and shake my head.

Little does she know that she's partially right, for once. I'm definitely NOT flirty, thats for sure, but Nelly and I is a concept I wouldn't mind. Would like, even. But there is no way I'll ever go for it, and because of that, he'll never know.

I'll accidentally drift off into space and stare at him, once in a while, but he never notices. Even now as I think about it, I look at him. His face is scrunched up all confused-like, and I chuckle yet again, finding it kinda cute.

Liza, However, takes the chuckle as a conformation.

"Aha! I'm right! l knew it!" She says triumphantly, smiling and raising her fist in victory.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but your probably wrong." Kristen grumbles.

I let out another chuckle as Liza's face droops, and Nelly sighs.
"Oh god, don't start you two." Nelly grumbles, still looking at his work.
Responding to Liza's original question, I simply smirk, mumbling "Whatever you say, Liz, whatever you say," sarcastically.
She eyes me up and down, looking for a sign of hope that I'm agreeing with her. When she doesn't find one, she turns back to Kristen, defeated and defensive.
"Shut up, Kristen." She grumbles.