Kabanata 11

Home

Eight years has passed but still it’s just happened yesterday. Kung babalikan ko ang mga nangyari simula una babalik rin ang pakiramdam that has been the reason why I decided to go back here in States to pursue my college.

Tatlong araw bago ako umalis sa bicol ay hindi ko na nakita si Allen, ilang beses akong humingi ng isa pang araw para lamang ma-tyambahan siya sa may rancho para makapag paalam pero hindi iyon nangyari.

The things between Anna and Allen have been nagging me since I was on my way to the airport, hanggang makabalik sa America ay dala-dala ko parin ang sakit na iyon sa aking loob.

Buti na lamang ay kasama ko si Raniel, he’s always there everytime he hears me crying in my room. We’re not living in the same roof but he always visits me every time he has his day-off.

Raniel owns a luxurious restaurant here in United States kaya naman malaking bagay rin na kaibigan ko siya because I always have a discount every time I want to eat there.

“Ms. Espinosa, I am congratulating you for winning the best journalist this year, in behalf of this company we are very happy that you’ve got the title, you are also uplifting the company’s name because of that”

Me and Mr. Bergman exchanged hands while the other staffs are clapping their hands while muttering congratulations to me. I’m just nodding my head to them and get the bouquet from one of my friend.

“Thank you!” I muttered to him, he just shrugged his shoulders and smiled at me.

It’s already pass eight o’clock in the evening, and my job has been done this day. The bodyguard opened the glass door and the cool breeze of United Stated embraced me.

Not far from where I am, I already saw a familiar Mercedes bench in front of me. I quickly ran to meet Rans’ hug and so I hugged him back.

“Already tired Ciara?” he asked.

“A little bit” I answered. He get my flowers and bag and lead me to the passenger’s seat, as soon as I get myself comfortable in inside the car, he starts to drive.

“How about you?” I asked just to kill the gloomy-ness of the night.

“It’s ok, there are a lot of customers who always praising our delicacies and specialties”

“Ran?” he turned his head to me so I continue to talk

“K-kailan mo balak umuwi? or are you gonna stay here? For good?”

“Hmm, it depends on you Ciara, Why? You wanna go back in the Philippines?”

Mabilis akong umiling sa kaniya and I’m very thankful na hindi na muli siyang nagsalita.

Minutes later when we reached my house, pinagbuksan niya ako ng pintuan ng kotse and muttered thanks to him.

Kinuha ko na rin ang flower and bag ko sa kaniya but he insisted to hold it not until I already inside my house.

Nang makuha ko ang susi, mabilis kong nabuksan ang pintuan and turned the light on.

Nilingon ko siya at saka nagsalita.

“Uhm Ran, thanks for the ride but I think it’s better if you don’t fetch every day since it’s not your responsibility and we’re not in a relationship” kinuha ko ang mga gamit ko sa kaniya ng hindi siya nagsalita.

Tinignan ko siya ngunit nakatinin lang din siya sa akin.

“W-why? I thought you want me to fetch you everyday? And ayos lang naman sa akin ang gano’n since hindi naman ako naka focus masyado sa restaurant, and I promise our Dad to take care of your when we are here”