Prologue

Lotus

Lotus

" You think I'm supposed to give a fuck about your wife Lawrence , fuck your wife " I heard a deep voice yell, causing me to jump from my sleep in terror. Wiping my eyes with the back of my hands, I looked towards the door where I heard footsteps. It was way too many steps, so I knew more than one person was in the house. Slowly slipping out of bed, I tip toed to my door and opened it slowly, sure enough to leave just a small enough crack to see what was going on.

My heart fell to the pit of my stomach when I seen both my mother and father on their knees inside their bedroom that sits directly across from mine. It's funny cause out of the 5 bedroom home, my father felt as if we should be best buds and have rooms next to each other.

My father is my rock, I guess you can say I'm a true daddy's girl. I enjoy doing everything with my dad. Painting , fishing , hunting , and I can't forget my favorite, mud riding. My dad has always wanted me, and he made sure to tell me every chance he had. He begged my mother for a child after she swore off having kids once she experienced 5 miscarriages with him. She had decided to give up because she was tired of going through heart break, as well as breaking my dads heart , knowing how bad he wanted to be a father.
So you can only imagine the day they found out about me , and my gender.

With wet eyes, and a slight runny nose, i tried to make sense of what was happening in front of me. " Lawrence , just give them the Money out of the safe " My mother, Rose , sobbed out to my father as blood leaked out of her swollen shut eye and busted lip. Blood began to decorate her white tank top, and I could smell a foul Odor of urine.

" we don't want your fucking money. Stand tf up bitch . Black where you want this hoe?" The masked gunmen asked who I'm assuming is Black. Black simply nodded his head in the opposite direction of the room. Shoving my mother, I could no longer see her but it wasn't long before I heard a total of 3 Gun shots going off.

Hearing the gut wrenching cry come out of my fathers mouth, I knew my mother was gone. Tears ran down my face, and my breathing started to pick up. I felt an anxiety attack rising within me, and I knew it was only so soon before I was next.

Black stood directly in front of my father, and pulled a white baggie out of his pocket. Even though I'm just 14, I'm far from dumb. Before moving on to the more high scale parts of Miami, we lived in the hood. That's where both of my parents originated from. They were the hoods finest couple, simply not because of their looks, but because of their loyalty to one another. They vowed to get out of the hood together and make a way for everyone to eat , and they did just that.

My father was a former kingpin , so the bag of soft that graced Black's hand , was nothing new to me. I watched as he opened the small, yet full baggie " Open your mouth , and stick out your tongue " he demanded my father, but all he did was shake his head no with his mouth sealed shut.

" hold him down & open up his fucking mouth. He's gonna feel everything my heart felt" he growled as another gunman assisted with forcing my fathers mouth open. I watched as he carefully but forcefully emptied all of the substance into my fathers mouth. Quickly retrieving a needle from his back pocket, he plunged it into my fathers right forearm. " that was a perfect vein Lawrence, you feeling good yet ?" He began to laugh loudly as my father violently started to convulse.

Blood started to seep out of his nose and mouth, and it wasn't soon before he began to choke on his own blood. With his body still wildly shaking, I watched as my dad slipped away from life. " daddy " I whispered, or at least I thought I did.

" you heard that ?"

" heard what ?" Black asked , looking around.

" I heard someone say something, check the house " my eyes got big as saucers as I quickly but quietly ran into my closet. I was barely in before my room door busted completely open and 2 men began to search for me , or someone. Squeezing my eyes tight, I held my breath to stop any sudden noises or movement. " I know wtf I heard, look all over this bitch " The unknown intruder seethed.

The door to my closet opened and I was snatched up before I could even open up my eyes. " let me go please , I promise I didn't see anything " I cried out as my hair felt like it was literally being ripped out of my scalp. Throwing me down the stairs, I felt parts of my body crack in ways they have never before. " catch the bitch before she knock herself unconscious" someone yelled.

Hitting my head hard as hell on the last step , my eye sight became blurry and I felt an excruciating migraine on the way. Trying to get up, I failed miserably as my left leg was in major pain. Attempting to crawl away, I was picked up and taken to my father.

Sobbing uncontrollably , I knew my father was dead by the way he lay there lifelessly with his eyes and mouth open. Blood continued to seep out of his mouth, and the smell from him and my mother combined was upsetting my stomach.

I heard a single gunshot that made me pause all movement, my father was already dead however this man wanted to hurt me. He wanted to break me down and didn't even know me. I watched as he put a single bullet in the middle of my fathers dome, sending brain splatter every where, including over me.

" Daddy no daddy , I'm so sorry daddy " I cried trying to scoot closer to him, just for someone to stand in front of me and place the barrel of a gun dead in the middle of my forehead. I knew that my fathers fate was going to be the same as mine.

" yo wtf you doing we don't kill kids "

" this bitch definitely ain't no kid. She look bout 15 ,16. Pretty grown to me " he shrugged. At this point nothing could convince me I was gonna make it out alive. Truthfully, I wanted to die. My mom was gone, my whole heart was gone. I was left alone in this cold world.

" Just fucking kill me , you're gonna do it anyway just get it over with " I cried as I roughly wiped my tears and sat up straight. " go head , blow my fucking brains out. PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER " I screamed at him.

He bent down to my level and laughed in my face. Angering me , I attacked him & tried to pull of his mask to see a face. I wanted to see the face of someone who caused me this unbearable pain. I wanted it to be over. The pain I was feeling in my heart couldn't even compare to the physical pain I was feeling all over my body.

Staring at me with his dark eyes, eyes that hid pain & sorrow, he smirked. " nah , I won't kill you. You gon live with this shit lil mama. Let's go " he said while fixing his mask and motioning for his men to clear out. " and next time you put your hands on me , it'll be the last time you lay hands on any man mamas "

I had yet to see anyone's face , I had no idea who was standing here in my home out of all 4 men . Watching them all walk out, Black was the last of the crew. "Clean this shit up " he chuckled and threw up the piece sign , before walking out behind the rest of his crew.

Hearing the door slam, I knew they were gone. Directing my attention on my dead parents , I began to cry as my shocking new reality hit. I laid on side of my daddy , with my head on his chest and cried to him for the last time. Sitting up, I wiped my last tear. My tears and sadness was slowly , however also quickly , turning into anger and hate.

" Daddy , I promise ima get whoever did this to you and moma. I promise " I said to him .

I may have not seen a face, but that Scorpio that rest on the side of Blacks neck will forever be etched into my memory. I vowed to myself, and my parents that I would avenge their death. Even if I have to spend the rest of my life looking for Black, I would do just that !