Chapter 1 : Love yourz.

Hey y'all I wanted to let y'all know before you read this part of the story that the book is NOT in all italics , if you were wondering or are confused this is a flashback/moment that happens in Luckys life. The rest of the book is in normal format, sincerely author K💕

Luckys POV

( Lucky below ! )

FLASHBACK

It was Sunday morning and instead of going to church with ms.Pamela next door I was stuck in my room all morning bored. My mother came in earlier demanding I stay home from church this Sunday saying we had something important to talk about.
I wake up for church at 9am , it was now 1am and she still hadn't came to speak to me about anything. I was sad I couldn't go with ms.Pamela today.
Today was the 4th of July and they always had good food and a big celebration at church this day every year.
Ms.Pamela was like a mother to me , it made sense seeing as mine was never in our beat up home, my mother was an escort/crackhead. Everyone knew. I knew it , ms.Pamela knew it and so did the men shed leave me alone in the house alone for , for weeks knew it.
I was pretty mature for my young age I had seen it all and even though my mother wasn't really a fit parent I always had ms.Pamela right next door to take care of me.

I was seven when my father died and took my mothers heart with him , it's like she couldn't function without him & the pain she offed with drugs , she became a whole different person in under the span of a year.

She started using and she eventually lost her job at the nursing home, it started off with the drugs & drinks then it was different men in her room every night , she eventually started getting paid for her services and just like that my mother became a crack whore.
She was never home anymore and I'd sometimes go looking for her in the dangerous streets of Chicago. Ms.Pamela eventually came to realize my mother wasn't really inside doing laundry or sleep like I said she was most of the time & didn't want to call social services or notify anyone because she knew she could take care of me better than any system could and she did. Every time my mother disappeared I was over ms.Pamela's eating cookies and reading the Bible.

My mother had just came back from her 2 month "trip" two weeks ago with her new "boyfriend" but pimp is what I liked to call him , my delusional mother was very offended by the term. I didn't like Darnell , her boyfriend. He didn't even try to be nice to me when I first met him , he walked into my house , called 10 year old me a bitch and told me to go out for a bit and get out of grown folks "business" .
Whenever he'd say to dismiss myself I'd go over to ms.Pamela's and it was fine by me I didn't want to be in their presence anyways . My mother opened my door finally she stood in her stained grey robe with her bonnet and slippers on .
She held a cigarette in her right hand and took a pull before saying " you eat yet little girl ? "  I sat up in my bed " no , there's not anything in the fridge"  she scoffed " what you tryna say bitch , huh ?  You tryna say I don't feed you smart ass"
" no ma I'm just saying i didn't eat nothing that's all" I explained
" and that's my problem Lucky? "She said " no ma it's mine"I replied
" at least you kno-" the front door opened and she stepped out the room quickly going to greet her guest " Baby you got something for me " I heard my mama say before I tuned her out playing with the twist in my long hair ms.Pamela did for me