Chapter 14

Dash's POV
Joe and I ran through the forest, I caught Flint's scent, I started going faster, Joe behind me.
I said" Flint!" I sniffed the air again, getting faster,
Joe said" Wait, big brother!"
" Flint?!" I kicked at the dirt beneath me, I stopped, breathing heavily, I circled, I have to find Flint, he means the world to my momma.

Flint's POV
I was walking, I heard a noise, so I followed it. I got lost.
I started crying, I tripped and hurt my leg, I saw a house, I walked to it, looking inside. I saw three men, and a lot of cages, I saw a basement window, I walked to it, and opened it. I grabbed a big stick, and slid in, I hit the ground, I rubbed my back, and walked to the stairs.
I climbed up them and peeked out the door, the three men were really big and scary. I want mommy and daddy! The animals in the cage looked at me, I put my finger to my lips,
I whispered" Hi, I can talk animal." I crawled out, the men were asleep, I crawled to the cages, I looked at the locks. I grabbed it and tugged, it didn't break," I can hear you."
A cougar said" How is that possible, little one?"
" We don't know. I can help, do they have keys?"
" Yes, in his pocket." I crawled to the men, I went for the pocket, staring at the men. I grabbed the keys, running back to the cages, I tripped, falling down. I yelped, the men woke up, they saw me, I got up, and tried to run but one grabbed me.
He said" What in the... boy, where's your family?!" I stared at them, he dropped me, I tried to get away but they picked me up by my ankles. I screamed, I heard Joe's roar, yay! Yay! Joe!

Joe knocked down the door, and came in, the men screamed,
I said" Joe!" Joe knocked out the men that were holding guns, then grabbed the man that held me. Dash jumped to me, grabbing my shirt and pulling me down, he caught me on his back. I held onto him," Dash, we needa help them!"
Dash said" Flint, are you hurt?"
" A little, they need us!"
" Fine, keys?"
" In his pocket." Joe grabbed the keys and threw them to me, I caught them, Dash put me down, the men started getting up, Joe pushed them back down. I started opening cages, I saw a white lion cub, a fox kit, and a chimpanzee infant. I lifted the lion cub up, I put him down, then I took the fox kit and say her next to the lion cub. I lifted the chimpanzee infant, then put him down too,
Joe said" Is he okay? Are you okay, littler brother?"
" I'm okay, Joe. Where's mommy and daddy?"
" On their way back." He walked to me,
" No, Joe!" The floor fell, I started crying,
" Flint!" The baby animals jumped onto the wood," Flint?!"
" I'm okay." Joe lifted me up, I held onto him, Dash jumped onto wood, lifting up the lion cub and fox kit, the infant held onto his neck. He jumped onto the ground, Joe climbed up and out the house. I laid my head on his shoulder, yawning," I want mommy and daddy, Joe."
" I need to text them our location."
" Okay." I held onto his hair, on his back, I want mommy and daddy. The scary men were passed out, I was sleepy, but it was really cold.
We had to stay outside,
Dash asked" Flint, are you cold?" I nodded, he laid next to me, wrapping around me, Joe was typing on mommy's phone. I was shivering, I stared at woods," Don't fall asleep, Flint, it's too cold for you to sleep right now." Joe lifted me up, I cuddled into his hair, he wrapped his arms around me, he was really warm.
Joe said" We're a long way away from them, they're trying to get to us as soon as they can. Dash, momma said to keep Flint as warm as possible, it's supposed to get colder than this." I looked at Dash's harness bag, I walked to him," What are you doing, Flint? Come here, littler brother." I opened the bag and saw a lighter,
I said" I can make a fire!"
" That's dangerous, little one."
" You can make a fire!" He took the lighter, and grabbed a few sticks, piling them up in an island shape to keep the fire from spreading. He started the fire, it grew a little bit, enough to keep us warm. He lifted me up and to him again, I cuddled into him, the baby animals joined us, Joe scooped them up too.

Huntleigh's POV
I saw a fire in the distance,
I said" Oh, my god!" I ran towards it, I saw Dad and Dean following me, I ran faster and stopped at the fire." Flint?!" Joe and Dash looked at me, Flint came out from Joe's arm.
He said" Mommy!" I ran to them and took him into my arms, I held onto him tightly. I wrapped my arms tighter, tears pouring from my eyes, I kissed his head.
" What were you thinking?! What happened?! Are you okay?"
" Mommy, why are you crying?"
" Because mommy thought she lost you for good. Are you okay?"
" I'm okay, Just a little scratched and bruised."
" Just a little scratched up and bruised, we can fix that. What happened here? Who are those men?"
Dash said" We found the missing animals!"
" Please say as in we, you and Joe, not my son?"
" We found Flint here."
" Oh, my god." I held Flint's face, searching his eyes," What did you do, my brave boy?"
Flint said" I saved animals, just like you and daddy! Then Joe had to save me, but I did it!"
" Yeah, you did... oh, my god." I heard the ATV's behind us, I kissed Flint's head." Okay, you know what? We're gonna spend the night at Pop's house and head home in the morning, okay?"
" Okay, mommy."