FIVE.

TO ALL THE BOYS.
act one―throw it back

what do you mean no tiktoks?

"MIND TELLING ME WHY YOU LITERALLY- reek of cologne?" Lara Jean asked as she waved her hand back and forth to waft away the smell of Ricky's cologne that she could smell even if she was a mile away.

School had finally ended, to which it meant Lara Jean and Ricky were to stay after school for the musical. A lot of things had happened during the school day and for Lara Jean to finally realize that she had to deal with Nini and EJ herself, not something that she was exactly planning on doing at the moment.

The two currently walked outside in the field near the track and football field. Outside in the bright rays of the sun, Lara Jean walked side by side by Ricky. They were waiting for the rehearsal to start. Normally, Lara Jean would be hanging out with Chris, but he had a football meeting to go to before the rehearsal started. As for Big Red, Ricky hadn't bothered to tell Lara Jean where his best friend was.

It was bad enough that she hadn't managed to confront EJ about the letter yet. And now that he had probably seen Lara Jean make out with Nini's ex, things were definitely going to be a lot icier during the first rehearsal today. Maybe she should have just taken Chris's advice and left the music while she had the chance. Now she had no choice.

"Well, I was planning on wearing this cologne to attract Nini again. You see I was at the mall with Nini―"

"―you know what, I forget asking," Lara Jean interrupted as she shook her head. Preventing Ricky from adding more to the story about him and Nini at the mall. "Yeah, well, in retrospect, it was a good idea. Until you kissed me again," Ricky replied as he scratched the back of his neck.

"If I recall, you kissed me first this time. So that's on you," Lara Jean proceeded to sassily replied as she pointed a finger at him, which had a large amber coloured sapphire ring on it. The teenage boy only shook his head and rolled his eyes in response to her remark.

"Whatever, what matters is we managed to make Nini and EJ jealous. That's all that matters right? Besides, I knew you would consider my idea," Ricky pointed out as he gave her a smug smirk, which, in return received Lara Jean sticking her tongue out at him in annoyance.

"Hey, you try watching EJ and Nini hold hands and whatever. It gets annoying after a while," Lara Jean answered as her eyes widened as she recalled the memory of the couple holding hands from only moments ago. She shuddered just thinking of the disgusting memory.

"But if we are going to be fake dating, we need to set some ground rules," Lara Jean added on as she whipped out a piece of paper and a pen out of her flannel jacket. She stopped walking by Ricky's side and proceeded to make way towards a picnic table that was being shaded by a large maple tree.