Game Plan

Fun Ghoul's pov

"Maybe we could try going through here, they'd never see us coming..." Poison was talking game plans with us as we stood around the kitchen island. It had become dark out when a tired Buttercup waddled over to me and tugged at my jacket.

"I thought I just put you to bed." I leaned down to her height.

"I can't sleep. I miss momma." She yawned.

"I know, I miss her too. Let's get you back to bed." Holding her in my arms, we went back to her little bedroom.

"Are you really gonna save her?" She asked as I tucked her in.

"We're gonna try. I promise, I'm gonna do everything I can to get your mom back, no matter what," I grabbed a stuffed animal and handed it to her, "This'll have to do until then." She just shook her head.

"I want that one." She pointed to a little white bunny with pastel blues and pinks covering the fur.

"Here you go, now, goodnight Buttercup, see you in the morning." My voice, soft and quiet.

"Goodnight, Ghoul." She whispered before I closed the door; thoughts of K/j/n flooded my mind. I miss you so much... I just wanna see you again, see that you're okay...

Tears began to well up, so I ran to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the oversized mirror. That moment... in the kitchen... I held her in my arms... I should've kissed her... I should've told her how I feel... I finally find the girl of my dreams and I fuck it up... it's my fault she's gone... it should've been me! I could've saved her!

I cried loudly, not caring if the boys could hear it. A scream escaped my lips as I punched the counter. Calming down, I sat against the wall. The door opened, Kobra stood there, his face, blank as always.

"What's goin' on in here?"

"Leave me alone!" My hands covering my red tear stained face, "I'm fine!"

"Clearly, you're not." He sat down beside me.

"Stop pretending to care, whatta you know about this, anyways?" I asked, not expecting an actual answer.

"Well, I don't know much. I do know, that this must be really hard for you. I mean, I don't remember ever seeing you cry over something," He sighed, "I'm gonna tell you something about myself that only Poison knows. Okay?"

"Alright,"

"Do you remember the girl I was with? Before the apocalypse started?"

"I think so, Daria?"

"Yeah, she was the love of my life. We had been together for a long while, and I was gonna propose to her, just days after we got stuck in this hell hole. As you know, she ended up... not making it. Dude I did everything in my power to try and save her. She had fallen so far down with BLI. It was impossible to save her."

He shuffled around in his pocket.

"This is the ring I was gonna give her." It was silver with a diamond in the middle, sparkling in the white bathroom light.

"Wow, I didn't realize that's what actually happened. I'm sorry Kobra."

"Don't be, it wasn't your fault. My point is, I never stopped trying to get her back until it was physically impossible to help her. We're gonna do everything in our power to get that girl back to you, to all of us."

We sat in silence for a moment, when I turned my head towards him.

"What if it doesn't work? Like, with you two?"

"Well, then all of us wouldn't be able to live with ourselves. Plus, we'd have to raise Buttercup." I chuckled.

"Could you imagine? Buttercup being raised by the four of us? That wouldn't end well..." The both of us laughed at the thought.

"Are you gonna be alright? At least, for now?"

"Probably not, but I'll get throu-" The door burst open, Poison and Jet stood there.

"We have concocted the perfect plan! Ghoul, your girlfriend will be saved!" Poison exclaimed. Kobra and I applauded.

"In saying that, we're leaving for the zones first thing tomorrow morning. So, everyone get to bed soon so we don't have to wait up on anyone." He directed towards Poison.

"What!? It was one time!"

"We waited on you for two hours! Anyways, we gotta show you guys the plan first."

"Aye aye, captain," I stood up and jokingly saluted to Jet before walking to the kitchen island, along with the other boys.

"So, chances are, they'll be expecting us if they know she's a killjoy. We're gonna drive to the edge of zone one. Ghoul, Kobra, you two will go in with these." He handed us scarecrow outfits.

"How'd you get these?" I asked, staring at the black mask.

"Doesn't matter."

"Dude, did you like, strip two scarecrows for these?" I giggled.

"I said, it doesn't matter!" His face flushed red with embarrassment. We all began to giggle except for Jet, "Anyways, you two will sneak in, and find her."

"How will we find her? There's gotta be over a million people out there!" I asked.

"So, we heard over the walkie talkie that she'll be staying with this guy, Brendon, I think. He's one of the-"

"Wait, Brendon? Seriously?"

"What?"

"Buttercup's dad is named Brendon! Holy shit! That's so weird!" The gears began to turn in my brain, "Oh my god, he captured her! That day she was taken..."

"Anyways..." He kept talking as I had a freak out in the corner.

"That ass hole..." I murmured.

"Is that clear? Ghoul?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, got it."

"Everyone should get to bed now! Don't forget about the plan, see you guys in the morning."

"Sir, yes sir." I joked.

K/j/n's pov

Bright white lights awoke me. A searing pain broke through my head. What happened?

"Y/n? Sweetheart?" I turned to see Brendon, sitting in a chair beside me.

"Where am I?"

"The hospital, you tripped and hit your head. You'll be okay now, let's get you home."

"Okay, that sounds nice." He helped me out of the hospital bed, and we walked to our bright white home that matched every other house on the block. As soon as we were inside, he hugged me tight.

"Oh I love you, I'm so happy you're okay." I giggled at my husband's cuteness.

"I'm okay, Bren. I just hit my head, that's all."

"I missed you..."

"I wasn't out that long, you said it was only a few hours."

"I know, I'm just happy to have you all to myself again."

"Bren, you're acting weird. Have you taken your pills today?"

"Of course, I must be tired. It is almost lights out, we should get to bed." I nodded. We changed into our BLI matching pajamas that were the same as anyone else's. The curtains had been drawn, the blankets folded back, we climbed into bed, facing each other, holding each other lovingly, just as we did every night, for the past five years.

OwO-
This took a surprisingly long amount of time to write I was kinda stuck on how to start it ahhh, well, it's out now. I hope you guys liked it! Stay inside! Stay safe! Wash your hands! Have a wonderful day~peace out cheesebags