Chapter 141: The sky is filled with little stars

Ning Yuxuan swept his gaze over her and treated her utterly serious words as a joke. He turned his head and said, "Mingjie's mood probably won't be good for a while. If you have any good friends that aren't married, you can bring them over to Ning Residence to walk around."

What a rotten idea. Ning Mingjie had only recently experienced such a disheartening wedding. Why did he want her to rush forward to play matchmaker? Ji Man silently cursed him, but she nodded her head in agreement and turned around to leave.

Ning Yuxuan called out to stop her, "Wait."

"Yes?" Ji Man curiously turned her head back.

Marquis Moyu lightly averted his gaze and quietly said, "Come to the western courtyard tonight."

Come to the western courtyard? Ji Man nodded. Although she didn't understand what he was planning, when a superior ordered something, a subordinate only needed to execute his order.

---

Hearing Yun-er's cries that filled the room, Wen Wan impatiently shouted, "Where's the wet nurse?"

The wet nurse hurriedly took Yun-er and said in a low voiced, "Miss Wan-er, this child has poor health, so it's very easy for her to get sick. This servant has already fed her milk, but she's crying because she's slightly feverish."

"She's sick?" Wen Wan's expression slightly changed. She took Yun-er from the wet nurse for a closer look. This was totally Liu Hanyun's, that wretched and shabby girl, fault for not taking good care of Yun-er. Otherwise, Yun-er wouldn't be so sickly right now.

"The timing works out well, Yun-er hasn't seen the marquis in a while. I'll bring her over to the study to see him." Wen Wan stood up.

Tanxiang hurriedly came over and draped a cloak over her master. After adjusting the cloak so that it covered Yun-er too, they headed outside.

After the children had been switched back, Liu Hanyun's side was finally happy. From top to bottom, she did a good job with taking care of Xi-er. Her spirits had also become much better. But, on Wen Wan's side, the son had turned into a daughter. No matter how you looked at it, there was a drop in her level of happiness. Right now, Wen Wan's goal was to be favored more often so that she could get pregnant again.

Arriving at the study, she saw Marquis Moyu blankly looking at a sky lantern. He took out two bamboo sticks from the lantern, then put them back and stroked the lantern.

"My lord?"

Before she could announce her arrival, Yun-er had already started crying. Ning Yuxuan raised his head to look at Wen Wan. She was smilingly very warmly and sweetly. Holding Yun-er, she said, "My lord, you haven't come to see Yun-er in a long time. Look, Yun-er is always crying."

Putting down the sky lantern, Ning Yuxuan smiled. He stretched his arms out and took Yun-er from her. "It's probably because you haven't been taking good care of her."

"How could that be?" Wen Wan pressed her lips together. Her laugher sounded a bit pained. "Wan-er just feels that my lord has gradually been distancing himself from Wan-er. Even the snow in my courtyard has gotten higher. Wan-er was just too focused on missing my lord, so Wan-er might have overlooked Yun-er a bit."

Ning Yuxuan pursed his lips together. He handed Yun-er to the wet nurse and said in a low voice, "I'm not done with household matters or affairs of the nation. You'll have to wait."

"Wan-er doesn't want anything else," Wen Wan quietly said, "It's just that I have Yun-er now, but everyone still calls me Miss. Isn't that a bit strange. My lord, are you still unwilling to change Wan-er's status?"