XII

"E, you're looking a little pale, you alright?" Mal asks, approaching the blue haired princess to check on her. First was her neck, then her forehead and Evie just can't help herself but nuzzle into Mal's touch.

Mal doesn't move, but her hands cup Evie's face and the girl blushes. "Something's bothering you." She starts, slowly and tender, Evie gulps. "I'm fine, M. J-Just a little cold." She chuckles nervously as beads of sweat trickle down her neck.

"E, you're sweating and you're telling me it's cold? Did you see a ghost?" Mal asks, a little too excited because hello? It's time Evie realizes that they live in a damn fairytale world, ghosts are just as real as magic.

"I'm good, I promise. How about you? You look like you buried Jay alive." She laughs, finally being cool as Mal smirks, there were dirt smudged on her jeans and her arm, "No but I did dunk him down on the lake." 

Evie rolls her eyes at the fairy, shoving her towards the shower, "You stink, get away from me." She grimaces as Mal snorts, "Ben says we're leaving tonight!"

"We're what?" Uma asks in disbelief as they all meet up with their luggages on the roof, Ben shrugs, "We're teleporting back home. It's much faster and we'll be just in time for the Championships." He shrugs, Mal furrows her eyebrows. 

"What Championships?" She asks, hands dropping every bag she held as Ben squeaked, "The Tourney ones?" He says, a little uncertain as Mal's eyes glowed green, "I'm your fucking captain and I don't fucking know? I thought today was the Sherwood and Isle game?"

"The Falcons pulled out of the tournament when they've been caught using magic. It's us against the Pirates and the game is tomorrow. There will be scouts from colleges and even professional teams." Jay explains as Mal sighs, Evie was just confused. 

"No one's getting away from my grasp once we get home." She growls, next thing they knew, there was this pain contorting their form. And they were in Auradon, early in the morning. 

"Move your asses!" The purple haired fairy yells at her teammates as she ran ahead of them, warming them up with a morning jog while the rest of their friends sat on the sideline. "I feel bad for them." Gil mutters as they turn from jogs to avoiding the Dragon Fire. 

"I can't blame Mal, she's been working her ass off just to win." Evie replies, trying to defend her best friend as she watched. She understand how lethal Mal could be but it's for everyone else. She's just trying to help them out. 

They continued on training until students filled the bleachers to watch them, their friends occasionally leaving to get them some snacks. That's when Ben receives an unusual phone call. 

"That better be important, Ben!" Mal yells as she dunks a bottle of water on her head, he doesn't bother to answer her, immediately picking up. "Hey, Dr. Facilier, what's up?" He asks, gaining the attention of a nearby Celia and Freddie along with their friends. 

"We can't pass through the bridge, Benjamin. What's happening?" The Voodoo master asks, Ben furrows his eyebrows, "What do you mean? The barrier is down." He mutters, peeking over the trees to see that indeed, there was no barrier surrounding the Isle.