~Lock Down ~

~ Lock Down ~

*************

Based on True life event...

************

Sequel of "Be safe My love"

***********

23rd March

Morning 7:25 a.m.

Kolkata...

Khushi was walking hurriedly looking at the lonely street. From Today 4 p.m. onwards Kolkata is going to be Locked down till 27th March, along with the other states.. She is going towards her office. Being attached with health fraternity, Khushi has to go to the Hospital today..

But there was no vehicle available to her locality. Few public transport was available but that was too crowded that Khushi decided to walk..walk from her home to her official place.. Walk for 7 k.m.

That's why, she has started early today. Her office time is 9 a.m. but she has to cover up distance by walking. For last few weeks, work pressure, surroundings and the global issues everything made her in extreme stressed. She is not feeling very good, she has decided that tomorrow she will definitely take a off.

Khushi looked at her surrounding, early morning but the busy road is almost empty. Few vendors are here and there, few people are doing the shopping for the future days... Khushi sigh, she did not able to get sufficient time to stock food and other necessary items.. She was on toes till yesterday and now the news of lock down. Though Khushi by heart supports the decision but for some reason she is feeling very helpless.. she has to take care of her daughter and her parents, their foods and medicines, at least...

But where is the time ??

Khushi's trance was broken when an auto rickshaw stops besides her.

" Didi, where are you going?" Asim, the auto driver, the boy of Khushi's locality asked her.

" Ohh.. I am going to office. You know, emergency, no leave." Khushi said smiling.

" By walking? Are you crazy didi? Come , sit , I will drop you to your office." Asim said.

" But...you were going somewhere, I mean market..you will be late.." Khushi said looking at the few vacant grocery packet..

" I will manage. But let me drop you. You and Arnav bhai did so much for our family when my father was ill. At least let me drop you didi." Asim said genuinely.

Khushi did not argue more, may be because Asim's request was genuine but more because she is exhausted. It's not even one third of the diatace she has walked till now and she is feeling like giving up..

Half an hour later..

Khushi entered in her hospital before time, all thanks to Asim, the selfless auto driver who droped her without caring his own work. Not only that, he also insisted Khushi that he will pick her up before 4 p.m., before the time of lock down.

Khushi looked at the hospital premises. The always overcrowded area now like mourning, very few people are visible. Before entering from the main gate there is security thermal screening.

" Is OPD closed?" Khushi could not help but asked the security chief Mr Ali.

" No mam, but only restricted cases are getting entry. No schedule check up will be entitled. Only genuine sick cases will be attended." Mr Ali informed.

" Okay, thanks." Khushi was about to step forward but stops hearing Mr Ali's question,

" Why you came today madam? You college has been closed ..All students had been send off to home yesterday, right? Then?" Mr Ali was surely surprised.