five

previously:

"corbyn, i have to tell you something."

-

"what is it, christina?" corbyn asked, worry in his eyes.

jonah walked back into the living room with his laptop. he sat on the couch next to the young couple and placed his coffee on the table in front of him.

"it's not important," christina said with a smile.

corbyn sensed something was wrong but tried not to think much of it. christina grabbed her bag and stood up, corbyn following.

"we're gonna go now, bye jonah."

jonah waved goodbye at christina and corbyn, christina felt her stomach flip looking at jonah smile at her.

"are you sure it's not important?" corbyn asked once they'd reach his car.

"it can wait."

♤♤♤

christina laid in bed and waited for her boyfriend to get in bed with her. corbyn exited the bathroom and laid next to christina, holding her.

christina waited for about 30 minutes until she heard soft snores leave corbyn's mouth. fortunately, he was a deep sleeper so christina was able to get out of his grasp easily and leave their shared bedroom unnoticed.

when christina got to their kitchen, she took out her phone and called her best friend.

"hey christina, how are you?" love asked.

"love, you're in trouble," christina stated.

"what? why? what happened?"

"where are you right now and where's daniel?"

"i'm in my room, daniel's cooking dinner."

"thank goodness, love we can't trust daniel. jonah hired him to work into bringing you back to him. he also hired a private investigator right after your wedding. i'm sorry i didn't tell you about that. at the time i thought we could trust daniel and you were having so much fun not worrying about anything."

"okay, uhm, it's okay chris. i'll think of something. do you know anything about the private investigator?"

"no, jonah didn't say anything about him, only that he hired daniel because he complained the p.i. was taking too long."

"chris where do i go? i have two people right now on my back and i'm not safe."

"uh, a hotel! go stay at a hotel for a couple weeks so you can plan something in the meantime and you're away from one of the people trying to bring you back."

"okay, i'll think of an excuse. thank you, chris. thank you so much."

"you're welcome, love. please stay safe."

"i will, goodbye."

♤♤♤

love sat with daniel in her kitchen eating dinner. love tried to remain normal while she was with him.

"so, my cousin called me and found out i was in maryland. she wants me to come over since we haven't seen each other for about 3 years now," love told daniel.

"seriously? you can't go, love. it's dangerous and you know jonah's on your back trying to find you."

you are too, love thought.

"hey, didn't you say i should still have fun even though my psycho fiancée is out to get me?" love laughed.

daniel sighed and recalled back to what he said. "you're right, i guess. where does she live?"

"an hour away. it's perfect because it's a small area and very suburban."

"okay, i'll let you go. when will you be back?"

"depends, my cousin and i are tight and it's been a while since we saw one another. maybe two weeks, max?"

"sweet, well i'll see you in two weeks then."

love smiled and lightly hugged daniel before going to her room and packing all her belongings as quick as she could. the adrenaline she had while lying to someone trying to bring her back to her abusive fiancé fueled her.

love got all her luggages ready and waved goodbye at daniel who was washing the dishes and watching tv and the same time.

"bye daniel!" love called out.

"bye love!" daniel replied.

love immediately left the apartment and tried to catch her breath outside the door. once she'd regain herself, she began walking towards the elevator and down to the garage. she got in the car daniel lend her and booked a hotel at the marriott an hour away. once she was ready, she drove away.

♤♤♤

zach entered his hotel, waving and greeting a good night to the woman working at the front desk in the lobby.

he pressed the up button on the elevator, waiting for it to come down to the lobby.

after a few seconds, the elevator dinged and zach stepped in. the door began to close before a foot stopped it from doing so.

zach looked up and saw a brunette girl struggling to carry her luggage inside. zach took the luggage from the girl and helped her bring it in.

the doors shut and the girl retrieved her luggage from zach. "thank you."

zach looked up to reply but stopped dead in his tracks when he came face to face with the girl. it was love brighton.

love noticed him staring and looked down and blushed, she found him quite attractive. "thank you for helping me with my luggage. i'm love."

love smiled and stuck her hand out to the boy who helped her. the boy shook her hand with his.

"i'm za---cesar. pleasure to meet you, love."

Liked by jonahmarais, christinamarie, and 78,653 otherscorbynbesson tell me all your secrets

corbynbesson tell me all your secrets