eleven

~seo changbin~

i held felix in my arms as he pleaded me not to call his parents. he kept insisting that he'd be okay and his lungs would clear up. i wanted to believe him because i wanted him to be just fine. yet i knew the damage i was capable of.

his hands cupped my face and he smiled at my concern. "where have you always wanted to go? like if you weren't stuck at home all the time."

"well i've always wanted to go to new york, but that's too many people for me to be around. so maybe a nice empty beach, so i can watch the sunset outside for once."

"if i take you to the beach, will you run away with me then?"

"lix-"

"please, changbin. it doesn't have to be forever."

every part of me was ready to say yes. i was ready to leave this house, and i was even more ready to do it with felix. i would do anything to have him show me the world. i would legitimately sell my soul to be normal for him.

i had never been outside for prolonged periods of time. not only did i hurt the things around me, but what if they hurt me too? my body wasn't used to the world surrounding me. the only thing i've ever been around was a daily sterilized house.

"when do we leave?"

felix's excitement took control, and he shot up. his eyes were becoming glossy from his sickness, but he never looked more alive. "r-really?"

"yeah, uh, what should i pack?"

"i'll text you everything. i need to get home and start planning! we're going to leave tomorrow night, okay?"

"sounds great." i smiled through my anxiety. i've always wanted to do something like this. i just expected to be suddenly cured, oh and i didn't expect to infect a boy with my disease. well it's safe to say i wasn't expecting to fall in love at all, not with the most perfect human being to ever exist.

his lips touched mine as he occasionally giggled in between kisses at the thought of us. then he was running to the front door. i just listened as he rushed to put his shoes on. "i love you binnie!"

before i could say anything back i heard the front door shut. what it is with us and shutting doors on each other? my god that boy made my mind do backflips. "i love you too felix."

it was safe to say i was terrified, but i think my happiness would outweigh everything else. i couldn't think of anything better than me, felix, and the sunset.

~lee felix~

i ran into my room and locked the door behind me. i began to dig through the bottom of my closet, looking for my travel bag. my worries were suddenly gone and all i could think of was a beach picnic with changbin. i couldn't wait to show him the wonders of this cruel world.

"ah, there it is!" i reached for the blue duffle bag, but resulted in falling into the mess surrounding me. i needed to calm down. i had to act normal as if nothing was going on, for my parents couldn't know what i was about to do.

there was a soft knock on my door, and the handle began to shake. "felix, honey, are you okay in there?"

"i'm okay, mom. i'm just looking for something!"

"why is your door locked?"

"i was changing before i start looking."

why was i suddenly a great liar? i had no clue, but whatever worked i guess. her footsteps got quieter as she began back down the hallway. my heart was going one hundred beats a second, this would be way more difficult than i expected. actually scratch that, this will be a breeze. i got up from my closet floor and ran down the hall after my mom.

"hey mom, wait up!"

"i'm in my room sweetie."

so there i was in the doorway of my parents' room about to expose my whole plan. my dad was still at work so at least i could potentially have my mom on my side by the time he got home. it may take a few white lies, but i'd get the result i wanted.

"what did you need, felix?"

"can i take one of the cars tomorrow night? me and a few friends from school wanted to drive down to the beach. i'm the only decent driver in our group so..."

her eyes lit up and a smile spread across her face. "oh that sounds wonderful. i'll have to talk to your father, but i'm sure he'll agree. it's good to see you making plans with friends."

"yeah it is. you know i think it'll be nice to spend time with my friends, maybe it'll help me detach myself from changbin." i twisted my fingers together and put on my best sad face. the more heartbroken i looked over changbin, the easier this would all be.

"i'm so glad you're finally understanding."

i gave her a small smile and nodded in agreement. that was way too easy, and all i had to say was i wanted to get over changbin. jokes on them, changbin's coming with me.

"i'm going to pack a bag. thanks mom!"

i started back to my room, pulling my phone from my back pocket. i'd show changbin the best things life has to offer. i'd pull him into the salty water and buy him ice cream and admire him as he watched the sunset go down. i'd give him a normal teenager life, even though it was only for a few days.

lix <3
my mom is letting me take
the car tomorrow! pack
summery clothes, but bring
a hoodie 'cause it's way cooler
by the water

binnie <3
woah felix, this is crazy
thank you so much :(

lix <3
don't thank me binnie
i'm so excited <3

binnie <3
i love you i love you

lix <3
*uno reverse card*

***

hi everyone! sorry for the the delay with this chapter
but i posted a new book 👀
it's a remake of an old book i used to have published
hope you enjoy!