Chapter 1

"Have it your way," she said before disapparating to Merlin knows where.

Lily Renee Potter has always been a cunning and sneaky girl. Much to a lot of people's surprise, she's quite the opposite of her infamous twin, Harry Potter - yes that Harry Potter. A lot of people aren't really aware that she exists since Voldemort attempted to kill Harry first which obviously backfired, pegging Harry as the boy who lived or whatnot. All Renee knew was that if she was the first target of that unforgivable curse, then she would probably not live to experience the joys of partying.

Always out and about, Renee never feared the Dursley's petty rules of staying indoors. She would always sneak out in the middle of the night to wander around bustling London. Compared to her brother, Renee enjoys the company of Muggles. Acquainted with the social media trend, Renee has quite an audience who enjoys her food reviews and fashion sense. Oddly enough, she's glad that she lives behind her brother's shadow because she gets to enjoy the joys of the non-wizarding world.

Walking through the lively Soho district, she enters a pub filled with plenty of people. She moves past several drunk guys until finally reaching one of her friends, Zoe. Oddly enough, she's the only one she could trust despite her being a Muggle. They used to be good friends back in Muggle primary school and ever since then, they were partners in crime when it comes to sneaking around with their fake IDs. Zoe was fully aware of Renee's roots which took a lot of convincing growing up, but she eventually learned to see her best friend for who she is.

"Hey!" Zoe screamed amidst the loud audio. "You chopped off your hair!"

Renee's hands instinctively went to her short bob, touching the strands that now rested on the level of her throat. Just like any other girl, the spontaneous decision eventually crept into her mind as she dyed half of it blonde. Now she was left with black hair from her roots, and a bright platinum blonde color trailing her strands towards the end.

"Yeah," she replies. "I have a feeling I'm going to regret it tomorrow though."

"Nonsense!" Zoe says. "You look a hundred times better!"

"Lies!" she says jokingly as she takes a sip of her drink. The music was blaring as usual but she really wasn't in the mood to party tonight. She just wanted a time out from everything, especially since she was going back to Hogwarts tomorrow. She can't help but think about what Harry said about the possibility of Voldemort coming back stronger. With so much attention from the school, the Ministry, and even their friends, it's hard to miss the impending doom they were about to face. As much as she doesn't like thinking about it, the thought of losing her brother crept up every once in a while - especially after the conversation they had earlier.

It didn't take long for Zoe to realize her glum expression as she said, "is something bothering you?"

"It's nothing, Harry and I got into a fight," she replied.

"Oh bummer. What happened?" she asked as she took another swig of her beer.

"Just something stupid," Renee lied, not bothering to explain how Harry didn't want her to go to Hogwarts this year. Did he really think she would allow him to face that noseless prick alone? Did he think she couldn't handle it? And did he really think he could get away with it because he's the chosen one?

Renee chugs down her bottle empty as she tries to forget about it. Although she loves her best friend, she utterly hates the pitiful expression she has whenever they would talk about these things - especially since these problems were way beyond her.

Renee didn't have that many friends - may it be in Hogwarts or in England. Sure, she has several connections from brands, but never a close circle wherein she could confide to. Bottling up her emotions was fairly normal for her as she was the Slytherin counterpart of her brother.