Ch2 - the wave that keeps flowing

Kunoichi classes were the worst in Nami's opinion, all they would do is learn to do tea ceremonies, how to sew(and while she wouldn't admit it that one was useful) and how to arrange flowers, absolutely bothersome in Nami's opinion, why couldn't they do what the boys were doing, they were already learning basic taijutsu,it wasn't fair.

Not to mention this was a mandatory before school class for all the girls,including the older girls at the academy who skipped out on the class the year prior.

"U-um K-koizumi-San a-are you feeling alright?" The timid voice had broken through her thoughts as she had finally ceased with her angry sewing, Nami had taken the liberty of sitting next to the Hyūga heiress to do today's assignment and after seeing everyone crowd towards Ino and her friends that ultimately left the two of them to sit at the back of the class which was mostly empty, save for the one girl in the year above then with the buns on her head.

"I'm fine Hyuga-San, it's just that this class is really boring you know? I wanna go learn taijutsu with the boys this ain't fair at all." The milky eyed girl next to her nodded in understanding.

"I a-agree but k-kunoichi are supposed t-to learn these things for I-infiltration m-missions and such." This caught the pink eyed girl by surprise. She didn't know about this, maybe she should've listened to what's-her-name sensei's introduction speech.

"Huh? Really? You're not kidding right?" Face beginning to tint red the young heiress nodded rapidly.

"M-my mother told me t-that all kunoichi a-are trained as a-spies so that d-during war time they can g-get information on the e-enemy b-by tricking them I-into handing it over by a-acting harmless." Honestly Hinata didn't even know why she answered her question at all, this was the most she'd ever spoken in class before and it honestly felt nice to have someone listen to her that wasn't a member of the clan or a teacher at that.

While Hinata became lost in thought Nami smiled, she got the quietest girl in class to speak in full sentences to her and she got some killer information out of it too.

Nami was making progress.

"Miss Koizumi it would appear that you do not take this class seriously, stay after class please we need to have a chat."her smile fell instantly, the other girls in class looked at her in pity and Hinata began to look nervous thinking her conversation was the cause.

Nami knew that the darned lipstick wearing witch was out to get her and this just solidified it.

"Huh? But I already finished sewing the fabric together, that's so not fair, besides Yonaka-san was talking the whole time and didn't even start on the work, if anyone's not taking this seriously it's her." This caused her sensei's eyes to flicker to the girl in the corner of the class who was already looking down in shame and close to tears.

"My apologies Koizumi-San it seems I have made a mistake, Yonaka-San please see me after today's lesson is over." The girl just nodded in defeat before turning to glare at Nami as soon as their sensei turned back towards the board.

It would seem that Nami made a mistake by calling her out, oh well it can't be helped.

🌊

Once the bell chimes everyone had exited out the room to prepare for their first lesson of the day, Nami seeing this as a chance to talk to the older girl who sat in the same row as Hinata and her during the sewing lesson.

Unintentionally ignoring Sakura who was waving at her and leaving her behind without saying a word.

"Hey big sis! What's your name!" The older girl was caught off guard as she flinched slightly as she was called out by the pink eyed girl who was frantically waving her arms as she ran in her direction.

As soon as the younger girl stopped in front of the 9 year old she held out her hand.

"My name is Koizumi Nami, what's your name sis?" The girl with twin buns atop her head gave her a smile and shook her hand.

"My names Ten-Ten, I don't really have a last name if you couldn't tell, it's nice to meet you Koizumi-Chan"

Nami only smiled at her before proceeding to speak once more.

"You're in the year above me right? What are you guys learning in your class?" Ten-Ten was a bit reluctant to tell her junior, not that she didn't want to share but seeing as the girl acted a bit energetic if you will, she was more worried she might try to do their exercises without supervision and Ten-Ten didn't want the thought of what might go wrong in her mind.

"I don't really think I should tell you exactly what we're doing but we are working with shuriken and kunai currently and stuff like that, mostly more taijutsu practice than anything really." Nami beamed at this, and began to ask even more questions as she began to walk with the older girl to her class.

Ten-Ten was trying hard to keep up with every question but faltered every couple seconds before stopping in front of the door to Nami's class and waving her goodbye as she walked over to her classroom.

"Bye Ten-Chan!" At this Ten-Ten smiled before walking inside of her classroom, feeling a tad bit more energetic that she would normally.

Huh? Weird.

🌊

Lunch that day went similarly to the day before, the only difference being that Choji had invited his friends
Shikamaru, and Kiba for lunch together.

"Woah Na-Chan, your old man makes really good Melon bread, like really good!"A bark following this statement as if agreeing, Nami turned to Kiba and Akamaru and smiled at the pair.

"Gee thanks! I helped with this batch actually, as much as I hate the thought of running the bakery I have to admit making snacks like these is fun." Shikamaru was napping during this entire conversation only shifty slightly before commenting on her statement.

"Why do you hate being called a baker if you like baking Koizumi?" At this Nami stilled before answering.

"Everyone in my family was a baker, I don't want to be like them that's why I came to the academy, like yea sure I like baking but I don't want to do it forever you know, it'll just become a chore once I don't like doing anymore." At this Shikamaru merely nodded before returning to his sleep.

After that they just continued to talk about what they did today along with Nami trying to coax Kiba to tell her about their extra taijutsu classes.

Today's lunch tasted a little better than yesterday's.

🌊

The walk home that day was a little strange to Nami.

Sakura just didn't talk the whole way, not even when Nami tried to form a conversation.

Deciding to leave it alone Nami just stopped talking until she reached the bakery stopping to wave goodbye to her closest friend only to turn around and see that she wasn't there.

Huh?Did I do something wrong?

Confused and sleepy she simply went inside to try and sneak a nap at the counter at the front before her father came back out from the back of their shop.