•kagehina•

(hehe au time)

Kageyama stared down at his wrist. Currently, it was his sixteenth birthday, and there was now a number on his wrist. It was quite high -- a large number, 70, marking his skin. He was glad it was a long time.

What does this number mean? When someone turns sixteen, the number of years they have left to live mark their skin. Most commonly, people get a lot of years, so at least he was among the usual.

Before Kageyama had got his number, he heard everyone else's on the Karasuno team. He wasn't too worried, since high numbers were really common and everyone else said they had one. It was pretty reassuring, to say the least.

Time passed through the year quickly, school work and volleyball helping to pass the time. Kageyama would never admit it, but during that time he had realized he had caught feelings for a certain orange haired teammate he had.

Kageyama was also pretty dense, since almost the entire team knew they liked each other, but both Hinata and him were both complete idiots. This, of course, is normal for the two of them.

It was a Friday night, and the team was cleaning up the gymnasium so they could lock it up before they left. Hinata had been acting extremely anxious for a couple days, but he'd always shake it off before denying something was wrong. It was definitely weird, anyways.

Kageyama wanted to ask about it, but he knew he wasn't going to get an answer if the others weren't. He decided to ignore it.

The team began to leave one by one, though Hinata and Kageyama left together. It wasn't usually intentional, it'd became a force of habit to wait for one another. They usually walked together until their paths split up, even if they walked in silence.

They walked out together, beside each other as they began their usual path to their houses. It was now about mid-spring, so there was only a soft breeze and the temperature wasn't too cold. It was only a little chilly, at most.

After a few minutes of walking quietly, Hinata looked up at Kageyama nervously. "Hey, Kageyama?" He asked, stopping at the corner they usually parted at. The taller male paused, turning to face the smaller one.

"What?" Kageyama asked bluntly, since he didn't want to take too long to get home. Hinata let out a quiet sigh, glancing away from the other awkwardly.

"Do you think we could.. hang out this weekend?" Hinata asked, pausing mid-sentence as he needed to regain confidence in his question. He seemed unsure, since he felt like Kageyama was going to reject. But by god was he hoping he'd accept.

Kageyama hesitated before he answered. He'd never been asked to hang out before then, so he didn't no how to respond. It was just a yes or no question, it shouldn't be so hard. "Oh- uh.." Hinata noticed the silence he'd received. "Nevermind, ignore that." He said quickly, turning away from him and beginning to walk off and drag his bike with him.

"Wait-" Kageyama said suddenly, making Hinata stop in his tracks anxiously. "We could hang out tomorrow if you want." He muttered, turning to rush off. Hinata began to walk again without another word, a small smile appearing on his face and he hopped on his bike and began to pedal off.

*****

Now, it was the next day. Kageyama and Hinata had planned out that they'd meet at a nearby park over text the night before, but they weren't meeting until about an hour past noon. He'd been awake for a while now, and he'd got ready to leave quickly, even if he had time to kill.