Nine: I care

This book contains mature language and content. Read at your own cost.

•••

Maya's POV.

The weekend came faster than I expected, Riley was leaving to see Farkle because it was a long weekend and I was staying in the apartment.

The wound was almost heeled. It was huge, I hadn't notice it was that big before.

"See you in three days" I told Riley on the phone.

She was at the airport.

"Okay bye" I smiled and hung up.

I was extremely depressed so i figured that as Riley was leaving, drinking would be my only friend.

I walked towards a bar and stayed there all they long.

I wasn't legal but I added some extra cash to my vodka order so I guess it was fine.

Suddenly I saw someone approaching me.

I wasn't seeing clearly but I saw Lucas.

"Maya?" He asked

"Hey..." I said and smiled

"Killing bad thoughts?" He asked staring at my now empty vodka shot and lit a cigarette.

"Yeah.. You could say that"

He looked around and saw all the shots I had taken.

"Maya you drank all that?!" He asked

"I.. Maybe"

"Come here" he said and grabbed me to put me over his shoulder but I screamed in pain.

"Aaaaghh!" I screamed.

"What is wrong Maya? What happened?" He said and lifted my shirt a bit.

He saw the wound.

"What happened to you?" He asked concerned.

I was in so much pain I could hardly speak.

"The guy... Who was after you" I managed to say

"Did he stab you?" I nodded

"Maya how come I didn't know, This wound is huge!" He looked at it closer

"I didn't think you'd care"

"What? You must be taken to the hospital" he was going crazy

"No" I put my shirt down again

"I will call Riley, maybe she'll come and talk some sense into you"

"She left to see Farkle. She's not here, and why do you care anyway?" I buffed

"Because I care about you"

"That's bullshit. That's the same thing you said to me when you left and you never even call you fucker" I started crying

"Maya I didn't..."

"I'm sure you didn't big boy, now go fuck your slut you asshole" I walked towards the door.

Lucas tried to chase after me but I just kept on running.

•••
1k reads? You have to be kidding me!!! Thanks guys! I love you, thanks for your incredible support!

Thoughts?

Ily