Leave us

The next morning when I woke up, I was alone. I climbed out of bed and padded to the bathroom to take a shower. After showering I changed into running shoes, track pants and a black sports bra. I tied my hair up and headed downstairs.

Warrior Stefan was sitting on one of the many couches in the living room with a bowl of cereal in his hands and watching TV.

"Good morning," I said and walked into the kitchen.

"Luna," he bowed his head in respect. Then he saw what I was wearing and quickly averted his eyes. 

I grabbed an apple and ate it in record time. I headed for the front door and Stefan stopped me. "I am not supposed to let you out of my sight." I rolled my eyes at him and headed outside.

He cursed and hurried after me, after bringing his now empty bowl of cereal into the kitchen. I started my stretches and heard him close the door behind him. He stopped a few feet away from me and looked into the woods.

"The Alpha isn't going to be happy about you leaving the house." He seemed nervous and I smirked.

"The Alpha said you were supposed to stay close and not lose me out of sight. I want to go on a run and that means you are going to run with me." I finished my stretches in silence and started running.

Stefan was keeping up with me. It was to be expected with a warrior wolf that belonged to a pack. I had great stamina as well, considering I had been a rogue for eight years before arriving at the pack. 

We ran for a while and I noticed that Stefan seemed to get bored, so I picked up the pace. He noticed and a grin spread out over his face. It disappeared as soon as he noticed I had seen and his stoic expression came back.

I kept increasing the speed and he followed me. Wolves stopped doing what they were and watched us. Then they followed behind us. Soon we were about thirty people running around the pack grounds. A few had shifted into their wolves but I kept running as a human. 

Then I started full out sprinting. Stefan growled loudly and the pack dispersed. He was the only one following me now and I started getting faster and faster. I heard the shredding of clothes and looked behind me to see a brute of a wolf following me. He kept getting smaller though whenever I increased my speed more. 

I was leaving him behind even more and I knew he was struggling to keep up. Then I heard him howl. I looked back and thought that he was howling in defeat and kept running. After a few minutes, I heard powerful paws hitting the ground and saw a large black wolf charging after me. It was Carrick.

I sped up even more and that was my limit. I couldn't go any faster and he was still behind me. Now I had two wolves chasing me. I decided to play with them a little and started zig-zagging through the trees. 

I heard growls and more paws hitting the ground. Now I knew I was being followed by the pack guards and border patrols. I saw a low hanging branch and swung myself up. Now I lept from tree to tree before coming to a complete stop at a bigger one with sturdy branches. I climbed higher and waited, slowing my breathing and heartbeat down. 

I heard wolves crash through the bushes. The passed my hiding spot and a jumped down the branches. I landed on my feet and was about to start heading after them when two strong arms wrapped around me. I suppressed a scream and when I felt the tingles shoot through my arms I knew it was Carrick.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" he asked and released me.

"I was going on my morning run. What is so bad about that?" I asked back and took in his very angry and very naked form.

"What is wrong with that? Alana, you left your guard behind! I had ordered Stefan to keep an eye on you but he can't do his job if you leave him!" Carrick looked like he was about to wolf out. I turned and started walking away.

I heard an angry growl and looked back. Carrick had shifted into his wolf and was growling at me. Don't turn your back on me when I am talking to you!  He was yelling in my mind and I growled back loudly. 

I did turn and start heading back to the clearing. He was following and I heard other wolves tagging along. When we reached the clearing the other wolves dispersed and I made my way back to Carrick's house. 

He and Stefan were following me and having a conversation in their heads about me no doubt. I walked up the front steps of the house and left the door open. Then I headed upstairs and changed into tight jeans and a tank top. I headed back downstairs and was met with a furious looking Carrick and an upset Stefan.

"Come here, Alana." Carrick's voice held so much authority that Stefan flinched. Since I was Carrick's equal, I did not feel his power. I shook my head and wanted to walk past him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him.

"Leave us," he said to Stefan and he bowed and took his leave. Now there was only Carrick and me, left in a house that seemed small compared to the anger that was radiating off of his body.

His grip was surely going to leave bruises but I didn't say anything. He didn't say anything and instead crashed his lips on mine. I was taken aback by the intensity of the kiss but responded to it. 

He pushed me against the wall and pinned my hands above my head. Then his kisses started moving down and to my neck where my mark was situated. I felt his canines elongate and he bit down, intensifying the bond we had.

I gasped in pain and tried to push him off of me but he wouldn't budge. When he retracted his canines and licked over the wound he had made, I felt it heal rapidly.

"You are mine," he growled and I said nothing. He dragged me down the hallway that separated the living room form the kitchen and to a door. He opened it and stairs became visible. He dragged me down the stairs and I heard Stefan following. Carrick must have mind linked him to come back inside. 

We reached another hallway and carrick pushed open a door. It led to what looked like a holding cell. He basically tossed me inside and before I could react he locked the door behind me. 

I got up from the floor and pounded on the door. There was a glass that I could see through and I saw Carrick giving Stefan orders. "Carrick, let me out of here! Asshole, you are going to regret this!" 

My wolf started panicking and I did too. I did not do well in locked spaces when I was locked in by force and before I could stop it, my wolf took control and I shifted in the tiny room. Carrick had left and I saw Stefan look at me worriedly.

While I had shifted one of my legs had hit the wall hard and I felt it snap. I howled in pain and felt it regrow. I was furious and broke everything that was in the room with me. Since there was only a bed in the room I tore it apart and then started clawing at the walls. They were made of metal and the sound that my claws made when in contact with them, hurt my ears.

I heard Stefan pound against the door and growled loudly. He stopped and looked at me with big eyes. I backed up into the furthest wall and then threw myself against the door. The impact was so great, I left a dent, but the door didn't budge. I kept throwing myself against the door, but it never opened. 

My wolf was on a rampage for hours until I finally lost consciousness. 

When I woke up I was in bed and had underwear and a t-shirt on. I could smell Carrick and knew he was in the house. I quietly slipped out of bed and headed for one of the many guest rooms that we had here. I entered one and locked the door. 

Not soon after I heard knocking. "Alana, let me in." Carrick was standing behind the door.

"So you can lock me up again? No thank you!" I called back and curled up underneath the covers. Soon I was able to block out the sounds that Carrick was making and fell asleep.