𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝A lot of girl shine, but you're the brightest

❝A lot of girl shine, but you're the brightest.❞

MILES thought Ashanti looked beautiful. She always was, but something about her being in his home - in his room, and in his clothes - made her even more stunning to him.

“This shirt is comfortable,” Ashanti commented, eager to break the silence and more importantly; his stare, “don’t expect to get it back.”

“I wouldn't dream of it,” he smiled. “It fits you real nice.”

“You think so?”

He nodded. “Of course.”

The silence returned, and Ashanti peeked a glance at Miles’s face. His eyes were still red, the only visible evidence of the tears he'd shed several minutes ago. He'd opened up about his parents, and the divorce that was inevitable at this point. His tears - his pain, made her cry. But it was mostly because she understood how he felt. Her parents had been in the process of getting a divorce before the accident that took her mother's life. She understood his pain all too well.

“Miles?” his head snapped up, teary eyes meeting hers, “do you want a hug?”

He didn't say anything, so she stood still, watching him for a moment.

Then, walking up to him she stopped in front of where he sat on the bed, and saw him lift his head to look at her. His eyes were tired, deep and sad. So very sad, something in her chest twisted.

“You’ll be okay,” she said, running a hand over his hair when he sighed and closed his eyes, “I promise, you'll be okay.”

“Do you really think so?” He asked, releasing a heavy exhale when Ashanti’s fingers ran through the bottom wisps of the hair along his neck. “I’m just so tired, you know.”

“I know,” she murmured. Ashanti wanted nothing more than for him to feel better. She hated seeing him like this, and she didn't hate a lot of things.

“Will you stay? Just for tonight, please- ”

She tugged on his neck so his eyes could meet hers, cutting off the plea from his lips. “You don't have to ask, of course I’ll stay.”

He smiled then, and although it was far from the smiles that lit up his eyes and made her giddy, she was happy. Because it was better than nothing.

“Thank you.”

She nodded, hands returning to the south motion in his hair when his arms wrapped around her waist. “I’ll always stay.”

This is very short, i know. I'm working towards getting faster updates to you guys so bear with me. I have loads of assignments to work on, and this online classes are not cute!

I hope all of you are doing well, and staying safe (check out my new books if you have nothing else to do). Talk to me in the comments!

Till next time, stay safe babies!