22. I'm sorry

Jaxson

Bella wakes me up by jumping on the bed. "Wake up" she cheers. I tackle her down and hold her.

"Noooo, sleep" I say earning a giggle. I laugh at her little laughs. I open my eyes and realize Ava isn't in bed anymore.

"Where's mommy?" I ask Bella. She shrugs "I don't know, I can't find her" she says.

I'm sure she probably went downstairs to cook breakfast. I let go of Bella and she races out the room.

I start to remember everything that happened last night and smile. It's crazy how every part of Ava is beautiful.

What's even crazier is how I fell for her in less than 2 months. Like I told her last night she's so strong.

She goes through so much and still enjoys her life. No one can ever compare to Ava. No one has the work ethic like Ava, no one is as determined as Ava, and no one is as strong as Ava.
I can't even describe how I see her. She's just an amazing person who deserves so much.

Bella comes running back into the room. "Is mommy at work?" she asks me. I shake my head no and decide to go help her find her mom.

I smile while watching her hop down every step. I don't think I've ever seen her walk down any step normal.

She waits at the bottom for me and points in the kitchen. "The cabinets are open" she says. I walk into the kitchen and she's right. Most of the cabinets were open.

I guess Ava started to cook but decided to stop. I look around the entire house for her but she's gone.

Her car is still here. Everything is still here except her phone. I call her multiple times while watching Bella eat her cereal.

Maybe she did go to work. Or wherever it is her dad always calls her at night to go. I just hope she's okay. 

The door bell makes Bella instantly stop eating her breakfast and jump from her chair to open the door.

"NELOPE" I hear her excitedly yell. I follow their voices. We really need to teach Bella not to open the door by herself.

"Oh hi Jaxson" Penelope says. "Hey, Ava didn't tell me you were coming over today." I tell her.

"I just came to bring Bella her jacket. She left it in my car" she says. I take the jacket from her. "Thank you, Are you going to come in?" I ask her and she shakes her head no.

"I have a campus tour today" she says. Penelope is excited to start her college journey. "Good luck" I tell her.

"When is mommy coming back?" Bella asks me holding my hand and walking into the living room.

"I'm not sure princess but I'm sure it'll be soon" I tell her letting go of her hand. She runs to the couch "mommy left a note" she says and hands the paper folded in the form on an envelope to me.

I know it's from Ava because she always folds any note she leaves just like this. Bella looks up at me as I read over the note in my head.

Jaxson, I have to go away for a while. You can think of it as a business trip. Please don't think I just want to get away from Bella or you. It really hurts me that I have to leave my sweet Bella, you as well.

But it's the only way to save us. I know this isn't fair to you. I'm leaving you all alone to take care of Bella. I truly am so sorry. I'm going to miss the both of you so much.

I'll come back as soon as I can, I promise. Jaxson please take care of my baby. She loves you so much and I know you love her ten times more.

Please just keep her safe. Do your best to help Bella not worry about me. You do the same. Wherever I am, just know I'll be fine. I'll be back soon. I love you both.
P.S. I am so sorry