34: planning

normal pov

"and one, two." annie counted, then handed layla her snack.

"so? have you chosen?" paige asked, as anthem ate with layla.

"gardenias." annie replied, then fed sawyer. "oh and the dress appointment is tomorrow." annie informed paige, making paige write it down on the large calendar in the kitchen.

"do you have an idea for the kids' outfits." paige asked, then the doorbell rang.

annie went to go open the door, "yes, we have a designer." annie opened the door and saw johnny and lauren. "hey guys! you guys here for dinner?" annie asked.

"yeah, sorry we're early but hayden told us to get some things." johnny said, then annie invited them in.

"uncle johnny!" layla ran to him, hugging his leg as he placed the grocery bags on the counter.

"hey! what about me?" lauren joked, then layla ran to her.

"hey, am i early?" kenzie asked, as she opened the door.

"yeah, but i do need help with wedding planning." annie said, then hugged kenzie. kenzie looked over at johnny, but turned away after making eye contact.

"what cha making?" hayley asked johnny.

"homemade pasta with pesto." johnny said, "wanna help?"

"i've never made pasta." hayley said, seeing johnny out the flower onto the counter.

"it's easy. i'll show you." they cooked, as the others planned the wedding.

"hey, the garage is finished." hayden said, coming in with paint on his face.

"what are you guys doing to the garage?" lauren asked.

"repainting it and fixing it up." hayden said, then annie kissed him.

"go wash up." annie told him, then he went to their room.

"oop, baby's up." lauren said.

"ok, can you guys talk about the bridesmaids dresses." annie asked, then went to the nursery. "hey baby," annie cooed, then fed johnnie.

"dinners ready children!" johnny yelled, then annie came out with baby johnnie. "here, i wanna hold baby me." johnny said, then annie handed johnnie to him.

"wow john this looks good." paige complimented, then they all got some pasta and ate.

johnny held johnnie while elveryone else ate. "you're not gonna eat?" lauren asked him.

"nah, i ate as me and hayley cooked." johnny explained, then put johnnie into her swing.

it was 3 am and annie and the girls were still awake. hayden was awake too, and johnny was passed out on one of the chairs. "ok, this is important. what bakery?" paige asked.

"paige, it's 3 am. let's just go to sleep." annie yawned.

"i'll go sleep in the guest room with anthem." paige said. "there's a air mattress in there. if one of you guys wanna join."

"lauren will go. her back hates couches." kenzie said, and then paige and lauren went to bed.

"you ok on the couch?" annie asked, as hayden went to go get the blankets.

"i'm fine." then hayden handed her a large blanket and two pillows. he then went over to johnny and put the only blanket left, a princess blanket, on him.

annie and hayden went to bed, but johnnie woke up and she fed him. hayden changed his diaper after burping him.

"i know you're awake." kenzie said, making john open his eyes. "why won't you just talk-" he turned, back facing her. "john i told you i loved you and you walked away."

"no, i drove." johnny corrected her. "you're with issak kenz. leave me alone."

kenzie got up, quietly, johnny not noticing. she went behind him, kneeling down to his face. "i love you. that won't change."

johnny sat up, making kenzie stand back up. "but i don't love you kenz, not anymore." johnny said truthfully, "i've been dating this girl back home, and i'm in love with her." those words cracked mackenzies heart.

she looked up, away from his eyes, "well, then, ok." she wiped a tear that fell. she grabbed her purse and keys, "tell annie i'll see her at the bridal shop." she opened the door and stepped out, closing it. she went to her car, and immediately started crying once she closed the car door. plus it was raining and she hated driving in the rain.