trois

Beau giggled to himself as he threw the bubbles from the bath tub up in the air. His damp red curls fell onto his face and into his eyes as he sank back into the perfectly temperatured bath. A small smile played on his lips as he bopped his head to the music playing over the speakers.  

Jesus, could it get any better than this? 

Beau opened his eyes, reaching for his glass, filled with red wine and took a long sip. 

This couldn't be real. He was here. Inside Tony Stark's house. His actual house. Not the Avengers compound (although that would be cool and Tony had offhandedly made a comment about bringing him there while they were driving here) but no. The Tony Stark's actual house in New York. And apparently it wasn't his only one.  

Beau had asked how many and Tony replied with at least five, so that was a thing. 

Tony's house was huge. And only Tony lived here which was the strangest part. But you know, billionaire things. 

According to Tony there were six bedrooms, including his own, each having their own bath. He had a workshop in the basement, a giant kitchen which looked like it hadn't been used once, a game room with billiards and such, and a very cosy living room with a wall of just windows. So basically it was Beau's dream house. 

After staying outside the restaurant with each other for a another ten minute until Beau's break was over and his boss came outside screaming, Tony had payed the man to let Beau go home earlier which he eagerly agreed. Tony had sent a text to the rest of the Avengers saying why he left and some other stupid joke. 

He and Beau had gotten into a car which looked like a transformer and drove for twenty minutes until they were at Casa de Stark. Tony had given him a short tour, his own room, and introduced him to Friday and now, here he was, feeling years of stress melt away with just one bath. 

Rich people, man. Rich people.

Beau took another swig of his wine before setting down the half empty glass and hauling himself out of the tub. He picked up a fresh towel and dried himself off before wrapping up his hair and pulling on a robe. Beau immediately moaned as the soft fabric touched his skin. Was this made of clouds?!

He tied it and opened the bathroom, skipping into the bed room and falling onto the huge king bed. He moved his arms up and down on the soft fabric, snow angel style before laughing and turning on his stomach to climb up the bed. He stood on the soft mattress, giggling as he jumped. 

The music played louder over the speakers, Beau singing out to his hearts content. God he wished his life could be like this all the time, instead of the crap shoot it was. 

At the thought, Beau stopped jumping, the happiness fading. 

Was this it? The only happiness he was going to get for who knows long? And he was just using Tony's money and things so it wasn't even his own and most likely wouldn't happen again. 

Beau let his legs buckle, falling onto the bed in a sitting position. He wrapped his arms around his stomach, the emptiness starting to fill him.

"Mr. Caron is everything okay?"

Beau jerked his head up at the voice before calming down, realizing it was just Friday. It wasn't his fault he got so scared, imagine having a random A.I. talking to you from the ceiling. It was weird, okay?!

Beau sighed and nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay, Friday. Where's Tony?"

"In the basement working on a new suit."