2.

I did not bring my drink back to the same bartender, instead leaving it on one of the tables for the janitor to clean up. Blonde and I instead made our way to a bar in a different section of the hotel, far away from the noise of the casino. This was much quieter, much pricier, and much more pristine. The bar was lit with a backlight behind a mirror, facing us from behind the bartender, who was now a young, pretty woman. The fine liquors were displayed against the glass, giving the illusion that the bar contained much more alcohol than it really did, but impressive nonetheless. The stools were comfortable, padded leather with a small backrest. I leaned with my elbows on the smooth marble counter, sipping my third and final drink for the night, while Blonde sat across from me, enjoying his own fruity drink.

"What?" He had asked me when he ordered the drink. "I don't drink the hard shit. Tastes awful."

"So you prefer girly drinks?"

"Definitely," he had answered.

I nodded. "Me too."

I sipped it slowly as we talked, Miku and Gumi's voices in my head telling me that I needed to slow down. Getting blackout drunk in Vegas with a stranger was not advisable and I wasn't planning on it.

Even though I had made this decision, it was hard. He gave such a welcoming and chill vibe that, initially, I thought it would be great to just let go for a night.

"That's a nice bracelet," he said pointing down at the charm bracelet that I fidgeted with nearly every moment I could.

"Oh, thanks," I said, feeling a bit ashamed that he acknowledged it.

"Present from your boyfriend?" He joked.

Ex, actually, I corrected in my head. But, of course, I couldn't tell him that. "I bought it on vacation in Aspen," I half-lied.

"Looks expensive."

I took a sip from my drink, looking away. "It was."

My objective for the night aside, I found our conversations unexpectedly enjoyable, and it wasn't long until my drink was gone once again. His as well.

"Another?" He asked.

I took a deep breath, debating.

"A hesitation is a no," he concluded matter-of-factly, waving the bartender over and ordering another for himself.

"It just... doesn't seem like a good idea to blackout with a stranger in Vegas," I told him, expressing my thoughts.

"Oh, you don't have to explain. It's good to know your limits."

"Plus," I added, my flirtatious tone returning. "I have a feeling this is a night I'll want to remember."

His eyes flashed mischievously. "Well, there's plenty to do around the resort. How long you been here?"

"About a week," I answered. "We came a bit early to do some sight-seeing before the festival."

He nodded. "So you've already seen everything around here?"

"Well..." I trailed off. "I've seen the fountains from my hotel room, but never up close."

"There we go, then." He downed his drink at an impressive speed and off we went.

The Vegas fountains, more popularly known as the Fountains of Bellagio, were located right outside of the Mandalay Hotel and Resort. It was a pool of clear, sparkling water stretching hundreds of feet across with bright underwater lights illuminating the droplets as they were launched into the air, forming unique shapes and casting shadows across the marble walkway surrounding it.