Chapter 19

The boys run back to the coffee shop anxiously as the time for school comes to an end—to avoid Jieun's questioning stare if they return any sooner that the school's dismissal time.

They boys rush in, out of breath, and looked around.

"What did you do to her?" Jeno asks accusingly when Jieun is nowhere to be found.

"Nothing." Kun answers.

"I don't believe you." The teens say with narrowed eyes.

"I really didn't do anything. The moment you all left, she left too."

The boys continue to stare at Kun in a suspecting manner.

"If anything happens to Jieun noona, I'll—"

"You'll what? Kill me?" Kun asks.

"I'll...I'll think of something!" Jisung shouts running out the door.

"Noona! Jieun noona!" Dream runs around the house in search of their precious older sister.

"She's not here!" They all meet in the living room and shout in sync.

"Shit! Where did she go?" Jeno growls.

"Renjun, have you ever bugged Jieun noona?" Donghyuck asks.

Renjun shakes his head. "Never."

"How are we going to find her?! How are we going to know she's safe?!" Chenle shouts.

"Calm down. Let's all calm down." Jaemin says.

"Calm? Calm?! How can we be calm?" "Jieun noona is missing! Missing!" "We need to find her!" "We need to save her!"

"Calm down!" Jaemin yells once again but no one listens.

"She must be crying for help!"

"Who's crying for help?"

"Jieun noona." Jeno replies.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because Kun—" the boys all turn around and Jieun was staring at them with confusion on her face.

"Why would I cry for help?" Jieun repeats.

"Because..." Chenle looks at Jeno. Jeno looks at Renjun. Renjun turns to Jaemin. Jaemin looks at Jisung. Jisung turned to his side which is empty.

"Uh..." Jisung trails off with a nervous chuckle.

"Because you might be hungry." Donghyuck says from beside Renjun.

"Yeah!" Everyone agrees. "You must be hungry."

"Not really. Are you boys hungry?"

"Kinda." They all nod and rub their stomachs to prove their point. "We want to eat."

Jieun breaks into a loving smile. "Ok." She says walking to the kitchen. "You boys should wash up and do your homework while I get dinner ready."

"Ok!" They all shout running to their room.

"That was close." the boys huff out in sync. They all change out of their uniform and into their usual casual clothes before making their way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Do you need help?" Jaemin asks.

"Yes, but I don't trust you boys with a knife. Especially Jisung."

"It's not like I wanted to help anyways." Jisung says walking away happily that he does not need to help. Jieun chuckles and shakes her head.

"You gotta stop spoiling Jisung. He doesn't do anything. Like, ever." Chenle says making Jieun chuckle.

"Jisung is a hazard to himself and others around him. It's a good thing that he's not doing anything. World peace for all."

"I can help." Donghyuck answers making Jieun look at him in surprised.

"Donghyuck wants to help? Are you sick?" Jieun asks making the others snicker.

"Jieun noona, don't forget that I'm a great cook."

"Ok." Jieun says handing over some potatoes. "Peel and cut those."

"Easy." Donghyuck picks up the peeler and starts peeling.

"Lele, cut the celery, not your hand." Jieun says hesitantly handing over a knife.

"Who am I? I'm Chenle. I'm not Jisung. I got this under control. Don't worry."

"I got the carrots." Jaemins says and walks to a different part of the kitchen to start peeling and chopping.

"Shall I cut the chicken breast?" Jeno offers.

"Ok." Jieun agrees and turns around to see Renjun already cutting up the onion. Jieun looks at the sight in front of her--the five boys obediently working--and she leans against the counter with a smile on her face.

"Is something wrong, Jieun noona?" Jaemin asks making the others also turn to look.

Jieun shakes her head. "You're all here with me. I just want this moment to last forever."

"What are you saying? We'll always be with you." Renjun says.

"Even when you're married with kids, we'll show up at your front door everyday begging for food." Donghyuck says. "We'll annoy you so much, you wished you never said that."

Jieun laughs. "There is no way I'll ever think I don't want you boys around me. Even when you're old, I'll still want to take care of you."

"Actually, it'll be our turn to take care of you." Chenle says. "Just wait. When I graduate high school, I'll work hard in college, get a degree, and come take care of you."

"Lele~" Jieun is ready to pull him into a hug but he starts screaming.

"Jieun noona, I have a knife! A knife! I don't want to hurt you!"

They all burst into laughter and continue to work. When the boys are done with their ingredients, they hand it over to Jieun.

"Wow, you boys are amazing." Jieun compliments making them smile proudly. "You can go watch TV with Jisung now. He's waiting." Jieun points to a Jisung who is fidgeting and peeking out from the corner.

"It's his fault he didn't want to help." Jeno says as the boys all make their way over to Jisung.

When dinner is finished cooking, they all sit around the table ready to eat.

"After the recent death of the late Song Hyunshik, CEO of Traders Enterprise, the company is in chaos trying to find the suspect." The TV sounds out. "The Song family had increase the security level."

"Why are they still talking about this?" Jieun asks putting down the last bowl of food. "There's no need for that family to tighten security. The one they want dead is already dead. Idiots."

The boys look at each other without moving an inch. Jieun did not continue the topic and turn to the boys with a smile on her lips.

"Let's eat." She says and the boys nod in agreement.

*********

Ugh. It's been 5 whole months since my last update. My sincerest apologies and...this isn't even a good chapter. 🥺
I'll whip up another one in real soon.
Thank you lovelies for sticking with me.
And please stay safe out there cause the world is a crazy place.