Chapter 1: The Jungle Mystery

Today marks the one year anniversary of Daddy and I's decision to stay in the jungle with Tarzan. I woke up this morning to the sound of the monkeys screeching a good morning sound, which I still haven't quite gotten used to. I notice that Tarzan has left his warm, spooning position that we sleep in every night. He probably got up at least an hour ago. It seems as if he wakes the jungle up instead of the reverse. I wanted to go out looking for him but I had things to do.
I stood up out of the bed made of forest brush, which was surprisingly comfy, and stretched. I strode over to Daddy's bed, which was a few beds away, and woke him up. "Daddy? Are you awake?" I said. "Well I am now Jane dear. Why have you woken me up so early?" I contemplated his question for a few seconds and I didn't quite have an answer. Finally I said, "I thought we could maybe go out and observe the monkeys. Have some Daddy and Jane time." He looked excited at first but then his face switched to suspicion. "We haven't observed the monkeys in a long time, why the sudden interest?" I honestly had no clue why I said what I did. I just tried to come up with some form of answer. Something in the deep jungle was just pulling me towards it. I had to figure out why. "Actually, I think I'm just going to go out alone. I need to concentrate on my... Ummm... Drawings! Yes that's it, drawings!" Daddy gave me a concerned yet amused look and then told me to be on my way. I quickly said hello to Kala and then off I went.
I didn't really know where I was going or why I was drawn to it but I had to find out. As I was going deeper and deeper into the jungle, I noticed I had a small cut on my leg. I still wasn't very used to walking around without cloth covering every inch of my body.
This distracted me for a few minutes but I eventually got back on track. The whole way through my journey, I kept thinking about Tarzan. Recently he hadn't been around too much. I'm not sure where he runs off to but he certainly won't tell me. I'll have to figure that mystery out as well I guess. But I should worry about one task at a time.
As I walked through the jungle, I noticed things I had never noticed before. Wherever your eyes rested, there was life sprouting from each nook and cranny. The damp ground was covered in luscious, green vegetation and there were bugs and animals crawling in every tree. This place was truly amazing.
I started nearing the beach when the feeling I had earlier returned. I started walking at a faster pace towards the beach and the feeling grew stronger by the step. Finally I made my way out of the trees and brush and what I saw before me left me with my jaw wide open.