me neither

"And then he goes, 'oh! I almost forgot,' and then he just whips out a literal FBI badge with, like, seven fancy titles! And then he says 'yeah, I suggest you two get out of here before I book you for assault!' And then, they looked, like, sooooo terrified. I thought they were gonna shit themselves, and they were just, like, frozen! And then he goes, 'now.' And when I tell you they zoomed out of there—"

"Jungkook." Seokjin states, bored out of his mind.

"Seokjin hyung, don't interrupt, I'm telling a story! Anyways—"

"Jungkook, you've told the same story at least ten times." Seokjin states, voice devoid of any emotion.

"Eunsook hasn't heard it!"

"Jungkook, I was literally there." Eunsook groans, leaning against the wall in the back of the diner. Yet another night shift, yet another opportunity for Jungkook to gush over Namjoon. Yes, Namjoon was definitely worthy of such enthusiasm, but Jungkook was on a whole different level. "And while the fact that you do a whole different voice for when you say Namjoon's parts is amusing, the story is old. Your jokes are stale, my friend."

"That's mean. Namjoon's just so cool." Jungkook says softly, pouting. Seokjin and Eunsook connect eyes, both wondering the same thing: is Jungkook two or twenty two?

"Just admit you're in love with him and go." Seokjin says, finishing up the blueberry pancakes he had made for Eunsook. She watches as he dusts them with powdered sugar, just like she likes them. Smiling gratefully, she takes the plate from him. Seokjin is like an older brother to her. He can be strict and firm sometimes, but he still cares about her. They've worked at the diner together for two years, and he and Jungkook are the only friends Eunsook has time for, between work and school.

"I'm not in love with him!" Jungkook denies, crossing his tattooed arms over his chest sulkily. "Okay, maybe a little bit. No, like, homo or anything, though. Like, homiesexual, y'know?" He admits, and Eunsook snorts, cutting up her pancakes. Seokjin looks like he's considering slapping Jungkook with his spatula for that one. "I just hope he'll come back."

"I think he will. Unfortunately for you, Kook, he seems a little more interested in our girl Sookie." Seokjin teases, and Eunsook shoots him a dirty look. She chooses not to comment, not looking to be grilled on her interactions with the enigmatic FBI agent, partly because if she said what she truly thought, she would never hear the end of it. What she truly thought was this: that Namjoon was interesting, and kind, and overwhelmingly sincere. He was caring and compassionate, and he was the first person who ever agreed with her that accounting may not be the profession for her. He was the first person who seemed to really listen to her, to really care what she had to say.

"I don't even care. If he and Eunsook get together and have beautiful children I will even be happy just to live vicariously through her." Jungkook says with a wiggle of his eyebrows, earning a laugh from Seokjin. Eunsook just grimaces uncomfortably. One thing she never really does talk about with her two friends is her romantic life. This is partly due to the intense chemistry she and Jungkook shared during his first weeks at the diner six months ago. Eunsook couldn't lie, Jungkook's sharp good looks and tattooed arms tempered by his sweet, goofy personality made her like him instantly. But, when they had attempted to act on their chemistry, it fizzled out. They'd gone on a date, and the night ended with them making out in the back of Jungkook's car. It felt good, but weird, somehow. They both felt it.

"Mmf—" Jungkook hummed out half a moan, pulling back from her lips and hovering over her. Jungkook's shirt had come off, and Eunsook's hand was tracing the silky black ink of his tattoos. It was getting heated, but neither of them could shake the odd feeling deep down. "Hey. Hold on." He said, though it was hard to resist Eunsook with her swollen lips and bedroom eyes. "Do you—is this weird?"