↳ xvii.

xvii. we didn't start the fire.
I'm ready when you are.

━━ ✧˖*°࿐

━━ ✧˖*°࿐

The two babysitters and the pre-teens they were babysitting were a group of frantic mess. They were running for their lives in the godforsaken place that was the upside down, trying to escape it, and Dustin was screaming his lungs out. But everyone went drop dead silent after the tunnel they were in started to violently shake. A loud roar, similar to the one Dart had. The noise was so shrill, Alice wanted to rip her ears out. They swirled around to locate the source of that noise as Mike mumbled under his breath, "They're coming. Run, run, run!"

"Yeah, no shit!" Alice yelled as she pushed the kids to move along ahead of her and Steve so that they were safe. After what seemed like an eternity spent running, a rope finally became visible through their blurred vision. The blonde let out a victorious laugh as they hurriedly advanced towards it. As soon as they got to it, Steve decided to help the kids first. Lucas, Mike and Max made it out the wormhole first, and another roar was audible. "Faster!" The blonde shrieked at the top of her voice. Steve's grip tightened around his bat. But it was too late for them to climb the rope, because they could sense the monsters inching closer to them as every second passed by. Alice grabbed the hem of Steve and Dustin's shirt and pushed them behind her, as the brunette stared at her wide eyed.

"What the hell are you—"

Before he could complete his sentence, Dustin used the two eighteen year olds as his shield not really having any expectations of what was going to happen next. But it was definitely not what actually ended up happening, as the demo-dogs ran straight past them as if they were invisible. As soon as the three were alone again, the blonde felt her feet wobble — probably due to extreme adrenaline and fear — so she grabbed Steve for support and he pulled her into an embrace. Dustin joined in too, because he was just as afraid and overwhelmed. "Oh my god," she mumbled, her face gently pressed against his chest. "Eleven." She heard Mike mumble. "Come on."

Steve helped Dustin up the wormhole, and turned to Alice as soon as the curly head entered their earth again. He grabbed hold of her waist tightly as she too, pulled herself up. Lastly, Steve hoisted himself up by pushing his weight forward. Alice violently coughed, instantly removing her goggles and bandana. As Steve got off next to her she rubbed her eyes to wipe the sweat off of them, and her forehead. The headlights of the car they left shined bright in their eyes but soon they switched off. Alice just stared into space for good two minutes before she walked to the trunk of the car and stuff her goggles and bandana inside. She looked down at her pale hands that were shaking and tried to calm herself down by reminding herself that they were safe, and that all of this was finally over. Steve walked up to her near the car trunk.