In Which They Are Interrupted

{Dean's POV}

Cas started taking labored breaths and his phone slipped through his fingers.

"Who the hell is this?!? What did you say to him?" I yelled into the phone. I didn't know who was on the other line, nor did I care. Whoever it was made Cas upset, they deserved more than being yelled at.

"Why, if it isn't darling Dean." My. God. It was that dude -Crowley- that was on Cas's porch this morning. What was he doing calling my boyfriend? "I was only chatting with dear Castiel about a text I sent. He quite rudely ignored me." He was quiet, then, "I suppose he hasn't mentioned it, has he?"

"No," I whispered. I hung up on Crowley and tossed Cas's phone to the corner of the blanket. He was staring at the ocean, completely shell-shocked. I grabbed his shoulders and turned him to me. "What is going on?" I asked.

"I... Crowley, he, uh... the text... it just... I don't...."

I wasn't sure what he was talking about. Through his distressed murmers, I only picked up a few things. Crowley and the text. Crowley mentioned a text, too.

I picked up the phone. I scrolled through his messages. Nothing stood out until I reached Blocked Number. I know who you really are, Castiel. I didn't understand it, but it obviously meant something to Cas.

So, I helped Cas up, gathered up our things, and took him by the hand as we walked back to my car. I threw the stuff in the back and opened the door for Cas.

On the way home, I turned on that band he liked, something about dragons, and didn't complain once.

I helped Cas inside and he put his glasses on his nightstand before sitting on his bed. I turned to leave when he grabbed the back of my shirt. "Stay?" he asked quietly.

I nodded and crawled beside him, kicking off my shoes. "I'll watch over you," I said and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

I fell asleep soon after he did, still holding him in my arms.