• 14 •

I hear the bell go off. I can hear him scuffle to the back. When he sets the yogurt down I tell him the cost.

But then I hear that voice. The voice that could lighten up anyone's day and make my heart stop beating in my chest.

I look up to her and see a huge smile on her face. But that's when I also see the scar. A long cut that starts at the top right of her forehead and cuts diagonally to her lip.

I can't help but notice her smile falter.

Its ugly isn't it.
I'm ugly.

I can't help but laugh a little and as I do she scowls at me.

Love, you look
more gorgeous
than the first time
I laid my eyes
on you.

Her smile widens the most I've ever seen it. And if humanely possible her beauty grew.

Really!

Of course, love.

She runs around the counter and hugs me tightly. My hands rest at my side as I feel my heart pumping vigorously.

After a second or two I wrap her in my arms tightly, and kiss the top of the scar.

She looks up at me connecting our lips together and I felt on top of the world.

Her lips tasted like peaches. And they were so soft and delicate.

When she breaks the hug I quickly peck her on the lips and embrace her again. As I do I can hear her giggle against my chest.

I hold onto her for a few minutes before I let her go.

She smiles at me as she leaves and I grin back.