chapter 12

Thursday 5th December

Taeyong was awaken by a throbbing pain in his head. It was pounding profusely and not stopping.

Sighing, he got out from under the blanket and switched on his phone.

6:07

He groaned. He would have loved to sleep longer but now that he was awake he wouldn't and couldn't fall asleep again.

Taeyong put on a fluffy jumper and looked out of the window. The sun was currently rising.

The view was mesmerizing to say the least.

The sun was slowly coming from its hideout under the horizon, illuminating a deep red.

Taeyong sat there for about half an hour just looking at the sky fascinated and not moving an inch.

Taeyong took a deep breath and slowly sat up making his way to the bathroom, to take a shower.

He was drenched in dried sweat from the day before and he smelled just like that. He scrunched up his face, closing but not locking the door in case of an emergency.

He undressed, being careful to not rip his feeding tube off and put the dirty clothes on the plastic chair next to the shower.

As soon as he turned on the shower, the temperature was already perfect to his desire. He hopped in and let the hot water flow down his body.

Taeyong squeezed a bit of his vanilla body wash onto his hands and scrubbed himself clean, his hair shortly after following.

He turned the shower off, whimpering at the loss of warmth but still stepping out of the shower, quickly wrapping his light blue bathrobe around his frail body.

He shivered, it was cold.

The cold made his skin crawl and his hair stand up.

The frail boy dried himself and put on some comfy jeans and a pink fluffy jumper, which was way too big for him but keeping him warm.

With a curt nod he opened the door, stepping out and finding a waiting Jaehyun sitting on his bed.

The older still looked tired and not entirely awake.

"You woke up early. Are you feeling ok?" He rasped out.

Taeyong nodded cutely and crashed into the older's chest, giving him a bone crushing hug.

Jaehyun chuckled: "Missed me toots?"

"You're just comfy. And you smell nice", he confessed blushing lightly.

The older hummed, swaying awkwardly from side to side, with Taeyong still by his side.

Taeyong looked up at the blonde: "Today I want to make you breakfast"

"Sure toots, but be careful. I don't want you feeling sick. Got that?" Jaehyun raised an eyebrow and the younger nodded rapidly.

"I promise, but don't come down until I say so. 's gonna be a surprise"

Jaehyun hummed.

Taeyong stood up and slowly made his way downstairs, holding the railing of the stairs tight, in case he would faint, which he gladly didn't.

Arriving in the kitchen, he took a look into the fridge and pantry and huffed. It was time to go grocery shopping again. There was hardly anything left.

Although there wasn't much left, he could find dome eggs, avocado and some toast.

He sat down on one of the high chairs his mum had bought for him, so that he could still work in the kitchen, without fainting.

The chair was designed, so that he could easily access the stove and over necessities in the kitchen.

He cracked four eggs into a bowl, seasoned them a bit and mixed them up.

He then turned on the stove and put the mixed up eggs into a pan on the stove. While the eggs cooked he popped four slices of toast into the toaster and cut the avocado into little pieces, seasoning them ever so slightly.

When the eggs were scrambled and cooked and the toast toasted he put the food on the table, calling out Jaehyun, who came down, as soon as he heard the younger.

"Mhh, it smells good", he marvelled.

Taeyong giggled but sternly said: "We really have to grocery shopping, we hardly have anything left here."

Jaehyun nodded, diving into the food, the sick boy had prepared.

After the two had finished eating breakfast, Jaehyun did the dishes while Taeyong rested a bit.

Afterall he had physio in about two hours and he really needed the rest for it.

The day had started good and it should stay this way.