Scouts Check-Up

(Amelia's POV)

Today scout is two months old and we finally have a routine down. Now that he is older we don't watch him sleep every hour of the night anymore. It's nice having a baby that actually sleeps throughout the night instead of waking up every two minutes. Scout sleeps for at least 5 hours at a time.

Today, we are bringing him in for a wellness check with Alex. I really hope everything is OK.

Amelia-"Hi my sweet boy! Are you excited to go see Uncle Alex today? He is going to give you a nice checkup just to make sure you are healthy."

He starts waving his arms and smiling at me. As I finish getting him ready, I feel Link behind enveloping us into a hug. I love that we are starting to feel like a family. Like a married couple. I just wish Link would propose already. I am ready to get married to him. I just don't know why he is hesitating.

Link-"How are my two favorite people?"

Amelia-"Well Scout is the happiest baby on Earth, and I am hopelessly in love with the two cutest boys on this planet."

He laughs and walks into the kitchen getting ready to leave.

Link-"After the appointment we should go out to eat. We are completely out of food in the house."

Amelia-"Ooh yeah. What are you thinking?"

Link-"I don't know. What sounds good? Chinese? Thai? Mexican?"

Amelia-"Mexican sounds good. I have been having some intense cravings for chicken quesadillas."

Link-"Mexican it is. We can go grocery shopping afterwards."

I nod in agreement as Link takes Scout from me and puts him into his carrier. Something about watching a big, strong man be so gentle with a small little baby just warms your heart.

---

Link's POV:

These past few months have been great. The three of us are becoming a real family and it feels good. It feels so good that a month ago when I was sent to the store for more diapers, I found myself at a jewelry store looking at engagement rings. It took me five minutes to find the perfect ring for her. It was a princess cut 2 CT diamond ring lined with a rose gold band. It has been burning a hole in my pocket for a month. I just can't figure out the perfect moment.

Link-"Ok. We're here. Ready Scout?"

Scout giggles in the back seat going on with his baby gibberish. I grab his carrier out of the back and take Amelia's hand as we walk in to the hospital.

When we get up to the ped's floor I see Alex at the nurses station. He saw as and smiled at Scout.

Alex-"Hey guys! And hello little man! Ready for your wellness check?"

Scout starts talking his baby gibberish and Amelia smiles at him. Alex checks him out, and nothing seems to be out of the norm. Then, it is time for his shot. Amelia gets nervous around needles, so I take her hand and bring her towards me. She lays her head on my chest and I put my hand around her waist. I really want to be there for her and support her, for the rest of my life. I want her to be my wife. I realize that this is the day that I need to ask her to marry me.

---

Amelia's POV:

After the appointment, we went to a local Mexican restaurant and ate lunch. Scout was enjoying his first family outing. I brought along some baby food and a bottle because he is not old enough to eat nachos.

About 20 minutes into lunch Scout starts to get a little restless. My mommy senses are tingling, and I know he is about to start wailing. I look to Link and he realizes the same thing.

Link-"I'm going to go get some to-go boxes and pay for lunch. I'll be right back."

He goes over to get the boxes and pays for the meal, and right as he is walking back, Scout starts to cry.

Link-"I paid. Let's scram!"

I pick up Scout and run to the car. Link is right behind me laughing his ass off.

Amelia-"What is so funny?"

I say as I start laughing myself.

Link-"You run funny. I have never seen you run before."

Amelia-"It's not funny that I had a child and my bod is never going to be the same!"

I say laughing and smack him on the chest. I put Scout in his seat, and lean against the car. Link comes up next to me and envelopes me in a hug.

Link-"Thanks for having our child. I really appreciate it."

That was so sweet. I start chuckling and say,

Amelia- "Anytime...I love you Atticus."

Link-"I love you too."