Prologue

Helga Sinclair slowly opened her eyes to a black abyss, groaning to herself.

"Rourke... wha?" She could barely wheeze, her voice was so hoarse. She was confused for a few moments, wondering how she got into this blackness.

Out of nowhere, everything came back in a blur: the glowing Atlantean Princess, the blimp, Milo's attack, and Rourke's betrayal.

"Oh my go- Milo! Arghhh I'm gonna ki-" She tried to move her body, but the pain only intensified. So, this is how I'm gonna die, She thought, pathetic. Helga tried waiting for her eyes to adjust, but after what felt like hours, still black.

"I mean, I could just find my way to... urg... Atlantis... but Bastard Princess and... her dyslexic boyfriend would just kill me." Helga struggled to move out from under whatever was on top of her tattered body. All of a sudden, a bright light filled the cavern. Helga's eyes flooded with color as she suppressed the urge to cry out in pain. She remained as still as possible. Whatever this thing is, it can't be good.

After a short while, she heard voices. Voices speaking English, nonetheless.

"Why can't we just go to the surface now? This gosh darnded thing goes fast enough." Helga recognized Cookie's annoying voice.

"I don't a know, maybe something about a the crystal. The guy up a front just a told me it a needed to a rest" Vinnie sounded just as monotonous as usual. After a while, Audre's muffled reply made it to Helga's ears.

"Yep! I don't really know how the rest of this engine works, but I definitely know it's overheated. It's gonna take a good 7 hours for this sucker to cool down."

"Looks like we better get comfy" She could hear Mrs. Packard take a drag on yet another cigarette. Helga could barely process Sweet's reply, he spoke so fast.

"Well, I wouldn't sleep in there, Mrs. Packard, unless you wanted to sleep in a sauna."

"I wouldn't mind. I do it every night."

"Hey, Mole, give us a read on the cavern, is it safe to stay here for the night?"

Helga heard a few disgusting crunches, then Mole's thick french accent.

"Ze Volcaneau has quieted hersealf down. We sheould be fine..." Helga couldn't help but roll her eyes. This bunch of misfits annoyed her right from the beginning.

Helga waited a couple hours, then made her move. Slowly, she dragged herself out of tattered machinery, towards the soft, glowing light. Everyone was in tent-like structures, except for Mole, who was snoring inside a hole he probably dug himself.

Inch by inch, Helga moved towards the open cargo door of a narwhal-like ship.

I swear... She thought, I'll kill you Milo Thatch! I'll kill you if it's the last thing I do!

** On a side note, I got bored so I decided to draw Milo. I'm not much of an artist, but I like how it turned out:

 I'm not much of an artist, but I like how it turned out:

What do you guys think?