COMIC RELIEF

"I'M JUST HERE TO PROVIDE A LITTLECOMIC RELIEF!"

"I'M JUST HERE TO
PROVIDE A LITTLE
COMIC RELIEF!"

~

In which Randall Wright jokes
about anything and everything
and brings Nancy Wheeler a
little bit of happiness when
her world turns to shit.

~

Randall Wright was the perfect side character; funny enough to be a fan favorite but not deep enough to take on the whole story as the main protagonist. There was no need to look any further beyond the surface because there was nothing more than a class clown who did what was expected of him. He was the guy who would high five the jock who'd go on to win the big game. He was the guy who eased a tense situation with a one liner. He was the guy who pissed off the teacher by cracking a lame joke in the middle of class. He was the classic funny guy who everybody liked but nobody cared enough to know. Randall knew his part in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana and played it proudly.

Of course, not everybody was a fan of the funny guy, though. His cousin, Clayton, the spawn of satan himself, being the perfect example. Then there was Nancy Wheeler who also wasn't too fond of him. Though Randall sometimes wondered what he did to rub the Wheeler girl the wrong way, he believed that maybe he wasn't her cup of tea. She was a goody two shoes after all so he assumed it only made sense that she found him annoying and too much to handle.

Their paths never crossed since they both had their own respective cliques: Nancy's being Barb and Randall's being anybody who tolerated his sense of humor. When the two opposites were forced to be in each other's presence through a somewhat mutual friend, Nancy's annoyance shifted to fondness. It only grew when her life was flipped upside down and her best friend in the whole entire world was no where to be found. The brunette lived in guilt and sadness over the hopeless situation, feeling as though it was her own fault for Barb's disappearance. The good girl image that she carried her whole life slipped away the moment her friend did, she had nothing. Nancy Wheeler found herself in desperate need of a laugh. She was pleasantly surprised that Randall Wright was there to provide a helping hand and some comic relief.

-

CAST.

THE TYPICAL CLASS CLOWN
younger! Will Smith | Randall Wright

THE TYPICAL CLASS CLOWN younger! Will Smith | Randall Wright