Chapter Four

Chapter Four (Written by Daisy)

"Rosie! Where the hell is she?!"

Everyone had now gathered up at the gates, weapons in their hands. Well, not exactly everyone. Clementine only saw Marlon, Louis, and the mystery girl from the wall had joined them, the other kids must've wanted to stay back and do their own thing.

"You give her her weapon back?" Clem showed her knife as an answer. That made Marlon sigh in relief, "Good. We're going to need you to put it to use."

"I still don't get who this 'Rosie' is," Marie scowled to herself, but was loud enough for Clem to hear and make her look down at the cougar, "He's not talking about our Rosie, is he?"

"I doubt it, there must be someone else here named Rosie."

"Really? How common is the name Rosie?" Clem just shrugged, turning her attention instead to the people that stood in front of her. Ratthew stood tall on Marlon's shoulder, eyeing Clem and Marie suspiciously. Peewee was close by Louis' side, rubbing his head gently against his leg. And finally, the mystery girl. An owl sat on the blonde girl's shoulder, its attention more focused on the woods outside the gates than the others.

"We've got a hunting party out there trying to get back inside," Marlon began, gesturing out to the woods, "Need our help to clear the way."

"Seems to be a lot more walkers than usual these last couple days." Ratthew added.

"It's almost like something drew their attention," The girl finally spoke, turning her head slightly, "Something like, I dunno, an explosion.. or a car crash."

"Vi."

"What?" She scowled at Marlon, "I'm just saying."

"I don't think we've met," Clem said, "I'm Clementine, and this is-"

"Yeah we know," The owl on the blonde's shoulder spoke up, "Your little boy won't shut up about you."

Clem and Marie shared a look. Talk about a sassy owl.

Louis sighed from beside Clem, doing his best feminine expression, "Hello Clementine, I'm Violet. Nice to meet you."

"Don't forget about Valonia." Peewee reminded him.

"Right right, sorry. Valonia's her daemon, if you didn't notice already."

The strange boy from earlier popped out from above in what looked to be a watch tower, his monkey daemon dangled off of his arm and landed on the wood railing, "All right, boys and girls. They're starting to fill in!"

"Come on," Violet called over her shoulder, creaking the gates open and heading out into the woods. Valonia leaped off of her shoulder and darted past her, scouting ahead.

Marlon drew an arrow out from a case behind him, locking it into his bow, "Be careful out there," And then he was gone.

"Don't mind Violet and Valonia, they'll grow on you, I promise." Louis told Clem, heaving what appeared to be a chair leg with nails sticking out of every corner onto his shoulder. Noticing her confused look, he glanced at it, "Oh this? It's a chair leg. I call it.. Chairles."

Clem raised a brow. Marie snorted.

"Who the hell names their weapon?"

"Says the one who named their car Lightning McQueen."

"Hey!"

Marie softly laughed, trotting out the gates. Clem rolled her eyes, following her out and shutting the gates behind her. AJ caught up right as she closed the gate, holding onto one of the metal bars. "Clem, lemme help!"