→ eight

Angel had pulled a chair over to Kol's coffin, quickly becoming annoyed with waiting. She hoped he would wake up soon, not only because she found herself bored but because she was worried about being caught by Elijah or Rebekah. 

She fiddled with the knife in her hand, finding new ways to distract herself while she waited. Finally, she couldn't take it any longer as she slammed the knife down and slowly leaned over Kol's coffin.

"Kol," Angel drawled out as her voice echoed against the stone walls. When she received no response, she sighed and leaned back in her chair. "You're no fun. I thought you were supposed to be the fun one."

A rush of air hit her in the face unexpectedly as Kol disappeared from his coffin. Angle jolted back, startled at first as she stood up on her feet. Another rush of air prompted her to slowly turn around until her eyes locked onto Kol, who stood panting heavily in the middle of the room as his craving for blood intensified. 

"Trust me, darling" Kol smirked at the brunette despite his current state. "I'm loads of fun."

He rushed at Angel before she could do or say anything, slamming her against the stone wall as he wrapped his hands around her throat. Angel ignored the sharp pierce to the back of her head as black veins protruded from his face and he bared his sharp fangs at her. She clawed at his hands, trying to escape as she found her feet dangling from the ground. 

Just when Angel thought she was going to die, the pressure around her neck suddenly disappeared and her shaky legs allowed her to crash to the floor in a heap. She coughed, wiping away the blood from her face as the sound of fighting filled her ears.

Glancing up, she was surprised to find Klaus throwing Kol across the room until he smashed into the wall. Both vampires bared their fangs at each other as Kol rushed at his older brother. It was quite obvious Klaus was stronger and the better fighter between the two but it didn't stop Kol from doing his worse as he managed to get in a few good hits as well. Angel wasn't worried until it seemed that Klaus was on a rampage to kill his younger brother.

"Wait. Dad, stop!" Angel cried out as she struggled to stand up but fell back down when a wave of dizziness hit her.

The two older vampires paused, both for different reasons as they looked at the brunette.

Kol stopped his attack, furrowing his eyebrows as he repeated her words in his head, wondering if he had heard her right. He was sure he had lost his mind, but once look at Klaus told him everything he needed to know. Somehow, this girl was his daughter, or adopted daughter. Whatever she was, Kol couldn't accept the fact that Klaus had once again found someone to replace his true family.

Klaus had stopped for something different entirely. He had smelled blood when he entered the cellar but had been too enraged to truly notice the blood dripping down Angel's face. He released his grip from Kol as worried for her health consumed his thoughts entirely. Klaus rushed over to Angel in worry as Kol took the moment to escape, but not before stealing one more glance at the brunette.

When Klaus reached Angel, he knelt down at her side as he cut his wrist open and held it out for Angel to drink.

"I don't want your vampire blood," Angel snapped at her father, pushing his wrist away as he hovered over her.

"You have no idea what you've done," Klaus warned when he realized she wasn't gravely hurt, but Angel remained silent as she glanced away from him. She understood he was only trying to watch out for her but she wouldn't apologize for her actions.

After a few moments, Klaus's face softened as he released a soft sigh, causing Angel to finally look at him. Much to her surprise, but not entirely unwelcomed, he wrapped his arms around her in a fatherly hug. She hesitated for only a moment before she quickly reciprocated the gesture and buried her face into his shoulder, releasing a shaky breath as she tried to forget about her encounter with Kol.

Angel knew Klaus's words rang true, but her stubbornness and pride refused to admit it. Deep down, she hoped she hadn't just made the biggest mistake of her life.