A Kind Act

A child is never thought of as a benevolent kind. They are considered free-spirited, naive, sometimes even cruel- unburdened from the perils of the world- until they reach adulthood where a dark ponderous chain wraps around their dainty necks and marks them as they "truly" are. A child is bright and filled with such wondrous luminescent light that much is taken for granted. Small acts of kindness reenact and entice a small coo from the elders. Yet, the elders think not of it later on. They mark it as small tomfoolery that will vanish in time yet ironically also pray it doesn't.

     Such contradictions I witnessed as I grew up. For this reason, it's hard to really pinpoint a time where I was indeed kind with altruistic intentions. Isn't life paved with such deeds? Isn't life grounded in both the good and the bad; however, most of the time neither are recognized unless it is for some sort of physical or mental gain?

    I can write about the times that I complimented an older woman for how she looked, I can tell of a tale of helping someone with their groceries up the apartment building, and in return, they gave me five dollars.

Furthermore, what I am trying to get at is that it's hard finding a story when your life is filled with thousands.

    Thousands of stories entwining and becoming one, filling you to the brim, forming who you are. Watching the baby while focusing on my studies could be considered a nice deed, nonetheless, I do not see it as so. These "kind" acts that take so much "sacrifice" are but one of many things that I see as normal mundane actions. Should an act really be classified as holy- shouldn't it be one of many you shall commit? Should I write to inspire someone with my personal tales, build them up, and knock them down? Breathe life into the ashes that I created and form a new blazing fire?

Do I really need to write about a time where I was human for the very sake of being human?

    I can say that is my life; trying to be a mundane human in a mundane world, although, maybe that would be a lie. There is research out there that states that people usually do things to feel good about themselves- am I any different than the average Joe? No. I am human. A selfish, horrid, beautiful beast that will do what it can to survive.

I strive to be Human for that's all I can and will ever get to be.

     But for this task, this prompt, I shall enact a small deed of kindness from my younger youth. A time where those deeds were almost expected as much as they were thought to die off. The reason I do this is that when you are younger you can't really discern between why you are doing something- is it for personal gain? Or because you just want to do it? You don't know these things and these very things go alongside the previous mentioned childhood nativity.

You don't know until someone explains it to you which is why these memories and actions are perfect for such a prompt.

'Write about a time you helped someone. Use the words "benevolent" and "altruistic" as you do so."

      When I was younger the skies were almost always blue, my yell could echo amongst mountains, and I was invincible. I didn't understand the concept of leaving someone out unless they proved to be a "meanie". So anytime I was in the courtyard, I'd gather a crowd and wouldn't, under any circumstances, let someone be left out. I wanted people to come with me to that mountain, look out at that wide clear blue sky and yell with me. Yell with me and be heard. No one was left behind and at that very moment, we were on top of the world. Now, I have no idea how my actions impacted those around me, if at all,  but I hope that they kept that feeling of being unstoppable to their older years. Years where it feels like we are caged within an almost choking hold- I hope they discard that feeling and remember being free.