𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ROBIN WOKE UP IN A PLACE FULL OF WHITE LIGHT.

She stood up and tried to look around, but there was nothing but an endless void of white light. She looked down and noticed she was wearing a beautiful dress.

At least she had nice clothes. It was the first time in a long time that she got to wear something like this.

After a while, she grew tired of walking around an empty place, and as if someone that didn't exist would answer, she started asking questions to herself.

Is this heaven? And if it is, where's Jesus?

"I'm afraid he's not here, Robin."

She turned around trying to look for the owner of such calming voice.

Holy shit!

An old man holding a staff appeared behind her. He had a long beard, a blue hat and was dressed in grey.

She swore there was no one here a second ago! And he just read her thoughts! What the hell?

The old man just stared at her for a moment. She didn't feel uncomfortable under his gaze, surprisingly. Actually, he seemed like a nice grandpa.

"It is nice to finally meet you, Robin Hood. I've been waiting for you." Exclaimed the man, walking towards her.

"I'm sorry, do we know each other?" She asked, trying not to look so confused. He looked familiar, she just couldn't place from where.

"I'm afraid you don't know me. At least not the real me. But I do know you, Robin." She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, and stayed silent. After a few moments, she spoke up.

"Are you God?"

The man chuckled, and shook his head. He appeared to be amused by her question.

"No, I'm not. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself before. I'm Gandalf, Gandalf the Grey."

Gandalf? That name sounded very familiar.

And then it came to her. Almost.

That's the wizards name! The one from that book. She had watched the movies. What was he called again? Dumbledore? No. Snape killed him. But he did look a lot like Gandalf.

Think Robin!!

"Where am I, again? I recall you said this wasn't heaven."

"We are in a place that can be considered a limbo. I'm here to guide you, and of course, answer your questions." So he was there to answer questions. Good. Cause she had quite a few.

"Am I dead?"

"No. As I said, this place could be called a limbo in your world. You are not dead, yet you do not live"

Curious... Very curious...

"Is that the reason Jesus is not here? Because I've wanted to meet him for a looong time."

"You could say that." Gandalf chuckled again. "I'm afraid you won't be meeting him anytime soon."

What? Why??? She had been dying to ask him a million questions!

"That's because when you die you won't be going to heaven. Or hell for that matter. You have been chosen for a very special task, Robin. And you are to fulfill it from the moment you wake up again." A task? What kind of task? And why would someone choose her?

And then it dawned on her.

Of course, he's the guy from Lord of the Rings!

Wait. He was supposed to be a fictional character. Was she hallucinating? She was going mad!  But then, that meant it was happening inside her head! So he could not be real!

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Robin, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" Quoting other wizards, I see...

Focus, Robin!

"So, if this is supposed to be real, as you claim it is, that means the world you talk about is Middle Earth. But in my world your world is fiction, just a story. How can that be?"

"Believe me, my world is very real. As real as yours. It was necessary for you to know about the future of our world in order for you to fulfill your task. That is the reason it was presented to you as a fiction, a book. Because you will need that information." Gandalf explained.

"And what is this task that you talk about, exactly?" Robin questioned.

"That I cannot say. But I can assure you that you will be given some help. Some...abilities that will help you with this task and your development."

Okay...

Then she asked the question that was killing her from the inside.

Why her?

"I don't know that. Only the Valar knows. And if they chose you, their reasons must be very important." She stayed silent. That didn't answer her question.

Gandalf then stood in front of her and placed his hand on her shoulder, and she turned to look at him in the eye. Then, he exclaimed the words she would never forget.

"You were chosen for a very special reason. The future of our world depends on you; his future depends on you. You are the key to defeating the darkness."

And then, everything went black.