Chapter 7 ~ Isaac

Isaac's POV

When I saw Bella's mom lying there...I didn't know what to do. I didn't know her life, I couldn't imagine what she must've felt at that moment. I just knew that I needed to support her and comfort her through this rough time. I know that I can be an asshole but I've changed and people don't realize it.

Bella seemed distant and always in her head now but I didn't blame her, so I just let it be. There's no point in pushing it and asking her if she was okay. I've already asked her too many times and the answer was always "I'm fine." her voice was monotone but irritated at the same time. I knew that I should stop but seeing her or anyone like that hurt.

~~~

"Bella," I whispered and knocked on her door. 

"Who's there?" I heard a faint voice through the door.

"Um Isaac," I said quietly.

How did she not recognize my voice? 

I slowly opened the door and closed it behind me as I came in. 

She was lying in the middle of the bed and aimlessly staring at the ceiling. 

"Hey," I sat at the edge of the bed waiting for an answer.

"Hi," She mumbled.

"Are you hungry?" She had skipped dinner and my mom said not to bother her. 

She didn't answer and I remained patient by just softly laying next to her. 

"No," 

"Bella, I know you're not okay but I also know that you need time. I want to help you but I can't if you keep pushing me away." I touched her hand.

"I know," She swallowed.

We lay there in silence and after a few minutes, I looked over at her to see if she was still awake because it seemed like she had fallen asleep. Tears had fallen down her face and she was clenching my fingers.

"Hey, don't cry." I held her tightly and squeezed her hand. 

"I'm sorry," She started crying harder into my chest and hearing it made me want to cry too.

"Shh, don't worry about it." I twirl a strand of her hair around my finger.

"I know you're just trying to help, I'm such a jerk." She let go of my hand and covered her face. 

I love it when she does that. She might think it's embarrassing but I find it adorable.

I hugged her tighter and chuckled. 

"Are you laughing at me?" She pushed me away and sat up.

"No!" I grab her arm. "Why would I do that?"

"No, you're laughing at me." She pouted.

"I promise you I'm not." I laughed.

Someone knocked on the door and Bella jumps off the bed to sit in a chair across the room. 

Victoria comes in while on her phone and I freeze.

"Babe, I thought we had a dinner date..." She trails off as she sees me and her eyes move to Bella.

My head turns to Bella's shocked face and my heart breaks.

"Bella, um." I bite my lip.

"Hey! You must be Isabella, I'm Victoria - Isaac's girlfriend." She smiles at me then goes back to her phone. 

Bella stands up and glares at me.

"I knew I couldn't trust you! You're such an asshole I can't believe I ever trusted you!" More tears stream down her face and it really sinks in that I've fucked up.

"What is she talking about? Are you okay?" She looks at Bella then at me. 

Bella runs out of the room and slams the door.

"Are you cheating on me?" Victoria puts a hand on her hip and sneers at me. "Ugh, I can't believe you. Are you pitying her?" 

As Victoria kept ranting I tried to drown her voice out by covering my ears and squeezing my eyes shut.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

You're never going to change, you're the same asshole as everyone remembers you as. 

This is all your fault.

" Don't you dare ignore me! Have you slept with her? You're a fucking dick! I FUCKING HATE YOU!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"GET OUT! JUST GET OUT!" I stood up and yelled at her. 

"GLADLY! I thought that you had changed? You said you weren't a player anymore! GO FUCK YOURSELF-" 

"GET-THE FUCK-OUT!" I threw a pillow at her.

"FUCK YOU!" She slapped me in the face and ran out.

"Honey, what is going on? I saw Bella running out crying and now Victoria? What is going on with you?" My mom rushed in looking behind her.

"I don't want to talk about it!" I furiously punched the wall.

"Honey-" My mom looked down disappointed.  

"I need you to get out too." 

"I'm not leaving, you better tell me what's going on because I'm going to find out sooner or later." She backed up.

I ignored her and just slammed the door in her face. 

Oh, you really fucked up this time.

~~~

Guys, I'm so sorry that this one is short too but I like to end my chapters properly and continuing this one would ruin it! 

So sorry but tomorrow will be better! <3