Chapter 1. Stranger

It's been almost a year since that day at the clearing, the day we came too close to losing everything. I cannot say it is all a distant memory now, I still remember the feeling of desperation I had when I saw the entire volturi clan closing in on us with impending doom. With an unplanned miracle, that day ended in our favor, in a scenario better than anything we have ever imagined or even hoped for, but we knew better to assume it was over. The battle was behind us, yes, but the war was still up ahead. The volturi won't accept being overpowered by any other coven especially not ours. The coven that could change the whole foundation of the vampire world, that offers other options, other possibilities, and gives the potential of a more peaceful existence, the coven that proves day after day that vampires don't have to be monsters to survive.

Things have been quiet at the Cullen's over the past year, our lives revolved around Renesmee, or "Nessie" as everyone fondly call her now; I have Jacob to thank for that. She is growing up more slowly now, but still faster than any human rate. She is the joy of the whole family, our source of serenity and pride. She can read, write and play the piano. Edward couldn't resist teaching her, and she didn't disappoint. She learned how to play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in one hour. Their duets were breathtaking, no one in the family could resist when those two sat down for a head-to-head.

My life was perfect, but I always feared perfect, perfect never lasted for long, especially not for me. I constantly have that feeling, that something is about to happen, something that will ruin my happiness.

# # #

Alice and Jasper are coming home today, after a long two weeks trip to isle Esme, celebrating the day they first met. I really miss Alice, I hated having her away, I felt safer with her around. I was very excited when her yellow Porsche parked in front of the house, and before I could come out to see her, she was at the door. Nessie stormed out of the kitchen and threw herself into Alice's opened arms

"Alice...I missed you," Nessie said flashing a wide smile, while

Alice held her deeper

"I missed you too Nessie," Alice replied in her warm singing voice and then turned her eyes to us "I missed you all so much." The whole family was in the living room now welcoming Alice, but she was distant, something was on her mind, and once our eyes met, I knew for sure something was troubling her, something that could only be a vision. My biggest fears were coming to life through Alice's wondering eyes.

It took all the patience I had to keep up with Alice little stories about her trip, I wished she would just cut to it and declare whatever it is she is trying to hide. The way she was carefully eyeing Edward every now and then, made me more scared. It involves Edward I just feel it. What is she waiting for? I couldn't take it anymore, I was about to break down when she finally spoke...

"Edward, I keep seeing a girl coming here for you, but she keeps changing her mind, through the last hour alone I saw about 20 visions of her, she is driving me crazy. I can see her close now though, she looks harmless, but I thought you should be warned ahead anyway!" Alice stated in a composed voice but I could sense the tension behind it. Her visions were changing that's why she was reluctant to tell us.

I didn't know what to make of it, but Edward certainly did. He just stood there, stunned, focusing on the images of that girl he could see in Alice's thoughts. The expressions on his face varied in a flash, from shock, disbelieve, to contentment, alleviation, ending with exhilaration, and longing. " Oh, My God!" he exclaimed with a satisfied smile, then he stormed out of the door, running with all the speed he had to the forest, he didn't even stop when I screamed after him.

# # #

Without thinking I followed him, I couldn't make out who the girl was but judging by his smile, she is probably not dangerous, but I couldn't stop myself, threat or not, something told me I had to be with him.