tis the season.

i do not own any of these characters, all of them belong to rick riordan and all that jazz
*percy and annabeth broke up after the war with gaea*

it was christmas day and camp half-blood was looking as festive as ever. the seven, minus hazel and frank, plus nico, were gathered in one of the rooms in the big house that was used for such occasions. tinsel and wreaths were strung up and twinkling lights dangled from almost everywhere.

jason and percy were teasing nico about the christmas sweater hazel had sent him to wear.

"i haven't seen you in this much color since you were ten," percy giggled, poking at nico's side. nico swatted his hand away and jason grinned, "it's white and gray, perce. plus there are skulls on it, that's not much." percy's hands flew up, "but there are christmas trees, too! look at them! he looks so cute!" nico's cheeks turned a dark pink at percy's remark. "i'm not cute, i'm the son of hades. i can't be cute," jason rolled his eyes and scoffed, "shut up, di angelo. you're adorable as hell." percy nodded aggressively in agreement, "you can see your freckles when you blush," he added sheepishly.

"okay, jackson, what's up with you tonight? i think you've had too much eggnog," nico asked in bemusement. percy looked at him like a confused puppy, hurt evident in his voice, "what? i haven't had any eggnog, you idiot. you just look really cute in that sweater, sorry." percy lowered his head and shuffled off.

nico watched after him, his mouth pressed into a straight line. jason whacked him in the back of the head, "way to go, you hurt his feelings." nico looked from jason to percy, then back to jason. "wh- what? i didn't.. i didn't mean to. i.." nico stammered. this wasn't like him, he normally would've dropped the subject and shrugged it off. but this was different, it was percy. "it's christmas, nico. lighten up, okay? tis the season." jason said before he sauntered off.

nico chewed on the inside of his lip, his eyes searching for percy. he found him leaning in the doorway, and fortunately, he was already looking nico's way. he took a deep breath and made his way over to percy. "oh, hey.." percy looked around the room and pretended hat nico wasn't even there. "percy," nico pried. "hm?" the son of poseidon looked the pale boy in the eyes. "look, i wasn't trying to be mean,"

percy nodded, "it's okay, i'm just a big cry baby," the corners of nico's mouth twitched upward in an attempt at a weak smile, "i'm just not used to you... being that way with me, you know? i'm more used to-" the ghost king was cut off by loud shouts and whistles coming from the other side of the room. "nico and percy are under the mistletoe! nico and percy have to kiss!"

the duo looked up to see that they were in fact under some godsforsaken mistletoe. they stared at each other, nico was wide-eyed and red faced. "wh- no, no. oh, gods. are you serious? no. we can't, i mean-" nico began to rambled but was shut up by leo. "hey, hey. you can't run from this one, nico. you're under the mistletoe, you gotta smooch," the latino shrugged, "i don't make rules." "percy..." nico looked to percy for help but the sea god's son's face was unreadable. nico gulped, "what rules, repair boy?" leo smirked, "the mistletoe rules, duh." he stated matter-of-factly. the rest of the gang nodded at him.

"percy, what do you have to s-" piper began. "shut up, guys." percy interrupted the goddess of love's daughter.  he pushed himself off the door frame and faced the small crowd, "can you guys be quiet for a sec? i wanted to get nico over here alone without any interruptions but you guys are ruining it," nico cocked his head to the side, "percy, what are y-"

the son of hades' question was cut short by a pair of lips. nico's nose was filled with the scent of the sea. he even tasted like the ocean. percy jackson was kissing him. nico's surprise was washed away by bliss and his eyes slowly fluttered closed as he began to kiss back. it ended all too soon and nico had to fight the urge to whimper at the loss of contact.

percy's nose brushed up against his own, "merry christmas, nico."